Komodo 11.2

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

JJJ

Re: Komodo 11.2

Post by JJJ »

lkaufman wrote:
Leo wrote:Komodo still relentlessly peruses Stockfish. I wont be surprised if it overtakes Stockfish at some point. I like this years long battle more than professional sports.
I expect Komodo will top all the non-blitz rating lists (and maybe even the blitz ones) now, but as usual we may have trouble beating the latest Stockfish dev. version in head-to-head matches. Just as in human chess, one player may be best in tournaments and another in matches.
Congratulations for this great update again ! That's amazing. You might still loose against Stockfish dev but probably no more against Stockfish 8, even in blitz.
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Thanks for new Komodo Mark. :) :) :D
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Thanks to yourself and Mark. Looking forward to trying it out. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
beram

Post by beram »

lkaufman wrote:
Leo wrote:Komodo still relentlessly peruses Stockfish. I wont be surprised if it overtakes Stockfish at some point. I like this years long battle more than professional sports.
I expect Komodo will top all the non-blitz rating lists (and maybe even the blitz ones) now, but as usual we may have trouble beating the latest Stockfish dev. version in head-to-head matches. Just as in human chess, one player may be best in tournaments and another in matches.
You forgot to mention that Komodo 11.01 also still looses to Houdini 5 in all direct matches in CEGT and CCRL
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

zullil wrote:
Leo wrote:Komodo still relentlessly peruses Stockfish.
I assume you meant "pursues", but since Stockfish is open-source "peruses" almost works too. :wink:
lol.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

beram wrote:
lkaufman wrote:
You forgot to mention that Komodo 11.01 also still looses to Houdini 5 in all direct matches in CEGT and CCRL
But Houdini lost in this list
http://fastgm.de/60min.html

And now Komodo will probably win in any list but bullet.
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

beram wrote:
lkaufman wrote:
Why should I talk about 11.01 in a post about 11.2? I'd bet a lot of money on any match between 11.2 and Houdini 5 at any reasonable time control.
Komodo rules!
leavenfish

Post by leavenfish »

Kurt Meyer wrote:Except for those who bought from ChessBase, right?

We have to pay again to receive the new version.

:evil:
Live and learn.
cma6

Dynamism in Komodo 11.2

Post by cma6 »

LK:
Have you and/or Mark gotten any further feedback over the last 6 months on the best Dynamism setting for very long TC, e.g., correspondence analysis?
For quite some time, I have been using 110.
lkaufman

Re: Dynamism in Komodo 11.2

Post by lkaufman »

cma6 wrote:LK:
Have you and/or Mark gotten any further feedback over the last 6 months on the best Dynamism setting for very long TC, e.g., correspondence analysis?
For quite some time, I have been using 110.
Not much. For solving problems we hear that much higher values work well, but not for practical play. My subjective feeling is that the evals using the default of 120 seem a bit too high for the side with the Dynamic plus, but that's what tests well. I think your 110 is a very reasonable choice for analysis.
Komodo rules!