SPCC: new gamebase for testing completed

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

pohl4711
Full name: Stefan Pohl

SPCC: new gamebase for testing completed

Post by pohl4711 »

The new gamebase for the Stockfish-, asmFish-, and Brainfish-Testruns is finished (nearly one month of calculations...). With new hardware, more thinking-time and bigger hash (see text below). The first testrun was started today: Stockfish 170715. I will take nearly 8 days, to complete it... So, result not before 2017/07/26. Then the next tesrun will be (of course) Komodo 11.2.

Stockfish-Testruns: All new! A new notebook (i7-6700HQ Skylake (2.6 GHz) CPU) (faster (+30% more nodes/s) and more memory), new opening set (my new 2017 SALC 500-set with shorter lines (only 7.5 moves (15 plies) deep)), only 5 opponents (1000 games each) (instead of 7), but much longer thinking-time: 180“+1“ (instead of 70“+700ms) - average thinking-time displayed by LittleBlitzerGUI raises from 1.7'' to 3.8'' per move. And bigger hash (512 MB instead of 128 MB). I am doing this, because I got a lot of requests for testing with longer thinking-time, because 70''+700ms is very close to the Stockfish Framework LTC (60''+600ms).

Long thinking-time tournament restarted 3 weeks ago...now with 3 more engines (Shredder 13, Fizbo 1.9 and Andscacs 0.91b) for more diversity and the contempt was set to 0 for all engines.

http://spcc.beepworld.de

(Perhaps you have to clear your browsercache or reload the website)
cdani

Re: SPCC: new gamebase for testing completed

Post by cdani »

Thanks for your very interesting tests! If you want I can provide you with whatever best version I have of Andscacs when you need it, if is your idea to have the latest versions.
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

First time I see Fizbo being so close to Shredder in a rating list...
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

Maybe it is because the book helps Fizbo , known to be very agressive as the book is.
pohl4711
Full name: Stefan Pohl

Post by pohl4711 »

cdani wrote:Thanks for your very interesting tests! If you want I can provide you with whatever best version I have of Andscacs when you need it, if is your idea to have the latest versions.
Thanx for this offer, but it was always my opinion, it makes no sense to publish testresults of engines or engine-versions, which are not downloadeable/buyable for all computerchess-fans.

Regards - Stefan (SPCC)