New experiment with Stockfish PA GTB hashes

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Rodolfo Leoni

New experiment with Stockfish PA GTB hashes

Post by Rodolfo Leoni »

I made a simple VB program and I converted scid.eco file into pgn format. Then, I made an abk file out of it. I'm using Stockfish PA GTB UCI option "Hash file as book Depth 30" to expand some very specific line. It looks greatly interesting. It seems one can create a book with similar principles of Cerebellum.
F.S.I. Chess Teacher
giovanni

Re: New experiment with Stockfish PA GTB hashes

Post by giovanni »

Rodolfo Leoni wrote:I made a simple VB program and I converted scid.eco file into pgn format. Then, I made an abk file out of it. I'm using Stockfish PA GTB UCI option "Hash file as book Depth 30" to expand some very specific line. It looks greatly interesting. It seems one can create a book with similar principles of Cerebellum.
Sounds interestign. Whenever you feel it is the right time, could you link the files you produced so interested people may have a look?
Rodolfo Leoni

Re: New experiment with Stockfish PA GTB hashes

Post by Rodolfo Leoni »

giovanni wrote:
Rodolfo Leoni wrote:I made a simple VB program and I converted scid.eco file into pgn format. Then, I made an abk file out of it. I'm using Stockfish PA GTB UCI option "Hash file as book Depth 30" to expand some very specific line. It looks greatly interesting. It seems one can create a book with similar principles of Cerebellum.
Sounds interestign. Whenever you feel it is the right time, could you link the files you produced so interested people may have a look?
If you like to have the scideco.pgn file you can send me a pm indicating your mail address. I'm out of city for work now, but as soon as I get home I can send you that file. With that you can build a book and run your experiments. Maybe you could post something interesting, if it happens...
F.S.I. Chess Teacher