Kasparov-Deep Thought 1997 (second game)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Rodolfo Leoni

Re: Kasparov-Deep Thought 1997 (second game)

Post by Rodolfo Leoni »

Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote: I have read most of Dvoretsky's manuals in the original a long time ago.

but it is true, I somehow hate simple endgames and strongly prefer complex middlegame positions.

in the mg, your precious engines are even more clueless than what they are now, so much more easy to beat them.

why don't you also call Kasparov a troll, as he also supports the claim(after analysing with SF, btw.) the position is a white win?

knowledgeable people know what they are talking.
You need to study Averbach and to re-study Dvoretski before adventuring in such analysis. And about Kasparov, he isn't trolling here at all. You decided W wins despite any evidence and you continue asking them their CPU time until they'll grant you the fool's right.
F.S.I. Chess Teacher
zullil
Full name: Louis Zulli

Post by zullil »

Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote:
zullil wrote:
Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote:
anyway, white has so many winning lines, what if white deviates with 54.Qf3 instead of Qe7?

[d]3r2k1/6p1/3P1p2/4pP1p/1Pp5/2Pq1Q1P/6P1/R5K1 b - - 0 5
Looks like another draw:

Code: Select all

0.00 54... e4 55. Qxd3 exd3 56. Kf2 Rxd6 57. Ke1 Rc6 58. Kd2 Kf8 59. b5 Rc8 60. Rb1 Ke7 61. b6 Rb8 62. Rb4 Kd6 63. Rxc4 Rxb6 64. Rb4 Ra6 65. Rb2 Ke5 66. Kxd3 Kxf5 67. Rb5+ Kf4 68. Rxh5 Kg3 69. Rh7 Kxg2 70. Rxg7+ Kxh3 (depth 72, 0:25:23)
ok, Louis, I will look at it.

I suppose you used 7-men.

but I have the strong feeling to just leave it all here, as it is really extremely difficult to handle 10 people at once, you included.

I hope you have not joined the Dark Side of the Force, your SF, I mean? :)

I simply lack the physical ability to answer 10 people at once, not to mention analyse 10 different positions, obviously I should be skipping something.

besides, it is really nasty when people call you troll 10 times per day?

what for?

because I suggest an alternave opinion, or alternative moves?

this seems very much to me like a witchhunt.
I don't have 7-man endgame tables. I'm using the latest asmFish with 6-man tables.

No need to continue with this position. After

45. Ra6 Qe3 46. Qxd6 Re8 47. Qd7+ Re7 48. Qc6 Qxe4 49. d6 
Black has no immediate draw. But deep searches suggest to me that the position is drawn. So I place the burden on you to prove otherwise, rather than on the rest of humanity to show that every line draws! :wink:

We've interacted here many times, and I enjoy your posts. I seem to be immune to whatever it is about them that drives many here into a frenzy. :)
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Post by Lyudmil Tsvetkov »

Rodolfo Leoni wrote:
Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote: I have read most of Dvoretsky's manuals in the original a long time ago.

but it is true, I somehow hate simple endgames and strongly prefer complex middlegame positions.

in the mg, your precious engines are even more clueless than what they are now, so much more easy to beat them.

why don't you also call Kasparov a troll, as he also supports the claim(after analysing with SF, btw.) the position is a white win?

knowledgeable people know what they are talking.
You need to study Averbach and to re-study Dvoretski before adventuring in such analysis. And about Kasparov, he isn't trolling here at all. You decided W wins despite any evidence and you continue asking them their CPU time until they'll grant you the fool's right.
Averbakh was a nasty person, and you are nasty too, so I preferred not to read Averbakh and concentrate on Dvoretsky instead.

I suppose you don't own other persons' cpu, to be responsible for how they choose to use it.

about the evidence:
- I demonstrated white win in 90% of the lines, right?; that is more than sufficient for me to claim the position is won for white. no one plays perfect chess.
- for the first time, I suggested Qb6 is the best move instead of Qd7, and thta has been confrimed by engine output, right?
- for the first time I suggest at least 5 or 6 moves apart from Qb6 and Qd7 lead to a white win, for example Ra2, and engines agree on that. no one else until now did that, right?

so, even if I can not manage, purely physically, all game variations, I still contributed a lot, much more actually then chessbase and other reputed analyticians.
I guess I am only due thanks for that, am I not?

because I opened your eyes.

btw., that is wikipedia has on game 2, including latest Kasparov remarks:

In this game Kasparov accused IBM of cheating, a claim repeated in the documentary Game Over: Kasparov and the Machine.[11][12] Kasparov eventually resigned, although post-game analysis indicates that the game could have been drawn. The game started with the Ruy Lopez opening, Smyslov Defence variation. In December 2016, discussing the match in a podcast with neuroscientist Sam Harris, Kasparov advised of a change of heart in his views of this match. Stated Kasparov: "While writing the book I did a lot of research – analysing the games with modern computers, also soul-searching – and I changed my conclusions. I am not writing any love letters to IBM, but my respect for the Deep Blue team went up, and my opinion of my own play, and Deep Blue's play, went down. Today you can buy a chess engine for your laptop that will beat Deep Blue quite easily."[13]

This game was played on May 4, 1997.
Deep Blue–Kasparov
1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5 a6 4.Ba4 Nf6 5.0-0 Be7 6.Re1 b5 7.Bb3 d6 8.c3 0-0 9.h3 h6 10.d4 Re8 11.Nbd2 Bf8 12.Nf1 Bd7 13.Ng3 Na5 14.Bc2 c5 15.b3 Nc6 16.d5 Ne7 17.Be3 Ng6 18.Qd2 Nh7 19.a4 Nh4 20.Nxh4 Qxh4 21.Qe2 Qd8 22.b4 Qc7 23.Rec1 c4 24.Ra3 Rec8 25.Rca1 Qd8 26.f4 Nf6 27.fxe5 dxe5 28.Qf1 Ne8 29.Qf2 Nd6 30.Bb6 Qe8 31.R3a2 Be7 32.Bc5 Bf8 33.Nf5 Bxf5 34.exf5 f6 35.Bxd6 Bxd6 36.axb5 axb5 37.Be4 Rxa2 38.Qxa2 Qd7 39.Qa7 Rc7 40.Qb6 Rb7 41.Ra8+ Kf7 42.Qa6 Qc7 43.Qc6 Qb6+ 44.Kf1 Rb8 45.Ra6 1–0
At the time it was reported that Kasparov missed the fact that after 45...Qe3 46.Qxd6 Re8, Black (Kasparov) can force a draw by perpetual check (threefold repetition). His friends told him so the next morning.[14] They suggested 47.h4 h5!, a position after which the black queen can perpetually check White. This is possible as Deep Blue moved 44.Kf1 instead of an alternate move of its king. Regarding the end of game 2 and 44.Kf1 in particular, chess journalist Mig Greengard in the Game Over film states, "It turns out, that the position in, here at the end is actually a draw, and that, one of Deep Blue's final moves was a terrible error, because Deep Blue has two choices here. It can move its king here or move its king over here. It picked the wrong place to step." Another person in that film, four-time US champion Yasser Seirawan, then concludes that, "The computer had left its king a little un-defended. And Garry could have threatened a perpetual check, not a win but a perpetual check."

Modern chess engines consider the final position as better (but maybe not won) for white.[15][16] The mistake was actually not 44.Kf1 but 45.Ra6?! when instead 45.Qd7+ was a clear win (White will exchange Queens, bring his King to e4 and his Bishop to g6 after which black sooner or later is in Zugzwang, and will be mated, or lose his b5 pawn, or the d5 pawn advances, opening roads for the white king).

so that Kasparov acknowledges:

- he played weak
- Deep Blue played weak
- he analysed a lot with latest SF this position

in another book, he claims white is winning even after Ra6.

so, he analysed a lot this, and he is certainly a much better player than Nunn and chessbase team.

above claims, that Deep Blue and Kasparov played weak, are precisely met by my claims, so I don't see why you or anyone for that matter should accuse me of anything.

if anything, you should be grateful to me, not vice-versa.

sic transit gloria mundi.
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

zullil wrote:
Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote:
zullil wrote:
Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote:
anyway, white has so many winning lines, what if white deviates with 54.Qf3 instead of Qe7?

[d]3r2k1/6p1/3P1p2/4pP1p/1Pp5/2Pq1Q1P/6P1/R5K1 b - - 0 5
Looks like another draw:

0.00 54... e4 55. Qxd3 exd3 56. Kf2 Rxd6 57. Ke1 Rc6 58. Kd2 Kf8 59. b5 Rc8 60. Rb1 Ke7 61. b6 Rb8 62. Rb4 Kd6 63. Rxc4 Rxb6 64. Rb4 Ra6 65. Rb2 Ke5 66. Kxd3 Kxf5 67. Rb5+ Kf4 68. Rxh5 Kg3 69. Rh7 Kxg2 70. Rxg7+ Kxh3 (depth 72, 0:25:23)
ok, Louis, I will look at it.

I suppose you used 7-men.

but I have the strong feeling to just leave it all here, as it is really extremely difficult to handle 10 people at once, you included.

I hope you have not joined the Dark Side of the Force, your SF, I mean? :)

I simply lack the physical ability to answer 10 people at once, not to mention analyse 10 different positions, obviously I should be skipping something.

besides, it is really nasty when people call you troll 10 times per day?

what for?

because I suggest an alternave opinion, or alternative moves?

this seems very much to me like a witchhunt.
I don't have 7-man endgame tables. I'm using the latest asmFish with 6-man tables.

No need to continue with this position. After

45. Ra6 Qe3 46. Qxd6 Re8 47. Qd7+ Re7 48. Qc6 Qxe4 49. d6 
Black has no immediate draw. But deep searches suggest to me that the position is drawn. So I place the burden on you to prove otherwise, rather than on the rest of humanity to show that every line draws! :wink:

We've interacted here many times, and I enjoy your posts. I seem to be immune to whatever it is about them that drives many here into a frenzy. :)
thanks Louis, that is why I love you so much. :)

the first of your comments made my day. :)

I guess I will leave ti here for the moment, as I simply am already very tired by all the possible variations, and currently don't quite know which specific line I am analysing.

my firm belief is white is winning. :)

there are so many possible lines, and we are all, including engines, skipping something based on personal bias, so one never knows what will pop up in 10 years' time.

10 years ago, they still claimed after Qe3 h4 is the best white move...

chess is such a creature, that sometimes anyone can skip a move losing a knight but drawing the game instead for another one that is winning a knight but losing the game.

so complex, so we will possibly be back to this at some later point in time.

btw., do you know I already proved a forced black win in Glygorich-Smyslov?

thanks again.
Rodolfo Leoni

Post by Rodolfo Leoni »

Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote: Averbakh was a nasty person, and you are nasty too, so I preferred not to read Averbakh and concentrate on Dvoretsky instead.

I suppose you don't own other persons' cpu, to be responsible for how they choose to use it.

about the evidence:
- I demonstrated white win in 90% of the lines, right?; that is more than sufficient for me to claim the position is won for white. no one plays perfect chess.
- for the first time, I suggested Qb6 is the best move instead of Qd7, and thta has been confrimed by engine output, right?
- for the first time I suggest at least 5 or 6 moves apart from Qb6 and Qd7 lead to a white win, for example Ra2, and engines agree on that. no one else until now did that, right?

so, even if I can not manage, purely physically, all game variations, I still contributed a lot, much more actually then chessbase and other reputed analyticians.

In this game Kasparov accused IBM of cheating, a claim repeated in the documentary Game Over: Kasparov and the Machine.[11][12] Kasparov eventually resigned, although post-game analysis indicates that the game could have been drawn. The game started with the Ruy Lopez opening, Smyslov Defence variation. In December 2016, discussing the match in a podcast with neuroscientist Sam Harris, Kasparov advised of a change of heart in his views of this match. Stated Kasparov: "While writing the book I did a lot of research – analysing the games with modern computers, also soul-searching – and I changed my conclusions. I am not writing any love letters to IBM, but my respect for the Deep Blue team went up, and my opinion of my own play, and Deep Blue's play, went down. Today you can buy a chess engine for your laptop that will beat Deep Blue quite easily."[13]

Deep Blue–Kasparov
1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5 a6 4.Ba4 Nf6 5.0-0 Be7 6.Re1 b5 7.Bb3 d6 8.c3 0-0 9.h3 h6 10.d4 Re8 11.Nbd2 Bf8 12.Nf1 Bd7 13.Ng3 Na5 14.Bc2 c5 15.b3 Nc6 16.d5 Ne7 17.Be3 Ng6 18.Qd2 Nh7 19.a4 Nh4 20.Nxh4 Qxh4 21.Qe2 Qd8 22.b4 Qc7 23.Rec1 c4 24.Ra3 Rec8 25.Rca1 Qd8 26.f4 Nf6 27.fxe5 dxe5 28.Qf1 Ne8 29.Qf2 Nd6 30.Bb6 Qe8 31.R3a2 Be7 32.Bc5 Bf8 33.Nf5 Bxf5 34.exf5 f6 35.Bxd6 Bxd6 36.axb5 axb5 37.Be4 Rxa2 38.Qxa2 Qd7 39.Qa7 Rc7 40.Qb6 Rb7 41.Ra8+ Kf7 42.Qa6 Qc7 43.Qc6 Qb6+ 44.Kf1 Rb8 45.Ra6 1–0
At the time it was reported that Kasparov missed the fact that after 45...Qe3 46.Qxd6 Re8, Black (Kasparov) can force a draw by perpetual check (threefold repetition). His friends told him so the next morning.[14] They suggested 47.h4 h5!, a position after which the black queen can perpetually check White. This is possible as Deep Blue moved 44.Kf1 instead of an alternate move of its king. Regarding the end of game 2 and 44.Kf1 in particular, chess journalist Mig Greengard in the Game Over film states, "It turns out, that the position in, here at the end is actually a draw, and that, one of Deep Blue's final moves was a terrible error, because Deep Blue has two choices here. It can move its king here or move its king over here. It picked the wrong place to step." Another person in that film, four-time US champion Yasser Seirawan, then concludes that, "The computer had left its king a little un-defended. And Garry could have threatened a perpetual check, not a win but a perpetual check."

Modern chess engines consider the final position as better (but maybe not won) for white.[15][16] The mistake was actually not 44.Kf1 but 45.Ra6?! when instead 45.Qd7+ was a clear win (White will exchange Queens, bring his King to e4 and his Bishop to g6 after which black sooner or later is in Zugzwang, and will be mated, or lose his b5 pawn, or the d5 pawn advances, opening roads for the white king).

- he played weak
- Deep Blue played weak

so, he analysed a lot this, and he is certainly a much better player than Nunn and chessbase team.

above claims, that Deep Blue and Kasparov played weak, are precisely met by my claims, so I don't see why you or anyone for that matter should accuse me of anything.

Most things here aren't relevant at all. I've no time to comment all of them, but most of them aren't worth the effort, anyway.

Averbach isn't a nasty person at all. I knew him when I was a boy and I remember he was gentle and well educated. About me, just think what you want.

You decided W has a won position after 45.Ra6 Qe3 46.Qxd6 Re8 47. Qd7+ Re7 48. Qc6 Qxe4 49. d6 Qxf5+ 50.Kg1 Rd7. You decided that but you didn't perform any analysis. You only tried to play some moves. The position requires a good ending knowledge, and you admit you lack it.

Without that knowledge, you say 90% variations are winning lines for W. Here, you show you lack analysis method too. That's why you'd need to understand some Dvoretski too.

With that, I conclude my interventions here. I only consider this post was started by Franco Kanizsa. His first post. I wonder what impression he got from this nonsense.
F.S.I. Chess Teacher
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Rodolfo Leoni wrote:
Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote: Averbakh was a nasty person, and you are nasty too, so I preferred not to read Averbakh and concentrate on Dvoretsky instead.

about the evidence:

Deep Blue–Kasparov

- he played weak
- Deep Blue played weak

Most things here aren't relevant at all. I've no time to comment all of them, but most of them aren't worth the effort, anyway.

Averbach isn't a nasty person at all. I knew him when I was a boy and I remember he was gentle and well educated. About me, just think what you want.

You decided W has a won position after 45.Ra6 Qe3 46.Qxd6 Re8 47. Qd7+ Re7 48. Qc6 Qxe4 49. d6 Qxf5+ 50.Kg1 Rd7. You decided that but you didn't perform any analysis. You only tried to play some moves. The position requires a good ending knowledge, and you admit you lack it.

Without that knowledge, you say 90% variations are winning lines for W. Here, you show you lack analysis method too. That's why you'd need to understand some Dvoretski too.

With that, I conclude my interventions here. I only consider this post was started by Franco Kanizsa. His first post. I wonder what impression he got from this nonsense.
maybe he can share his impressions.

I don't need good endgame knowledge, as I am seeing what SF shows for 90% of the lines - 300cps scores, and you know that very well too, in case you tried multi-pv.

Averbakh was an establishment figure, that says it all.
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

[d]3q2k1/6p1/3r1p1p/2R5/1P2Q3/2P4P/6P1/5K2 b - -

Looks like black is down about a pawn.

Searching: 3q2k1/6p1/3r1p1p/2R5/1P2Q3/2P4P/6P1/5K2 b - - 0 1
infinite: 0 ponder: 0 time: 0 increment: 0 moves to go: 0

1   +0.38   00:00   79579  Rd1+ Kf2 
 2   -0.92   00:00   91629  Kf8 b5 Rd1+ Kf2 
 3   -0.75   00:00  105203  Kh8 Kf2 f5 
 4   +0.14   00:00  237975  Kh8 b5 Rd1+ Kf2 g5 
 5   -1.05   00:00  297623  Rd2 c4 Kf8 Rd5 Qa8 
 6   -0.87   00:00  506314  Kf7 Kf2 Rd2+ Kg3 Qd6+ Kg4 Rd3 Kh4 
 7   -0.77   00:00  574500  Rd2 b5 Kf8 Kg1 Rd3 Kf2 Rxc3 Rxc3 
 8   -0.55   00:00  600152  Rd2 c4 Rb2 Qe6+ Kh7 Qf5+ g6 Rd5 gxf5 Rxd8 Rxb4 
 9   -0.60   00:00  648880  Rd2 c4 Rb2 Qe6+ Kh7 Rd5 Rb1+ Ke2 Rb2+ Kd1 Qa8 Qe4+ Kg8 
10   -1.13   00:00   1240K  Rd2 Kg1 Rd7 Kf2 Rd1 Qe6+ Kh7 Qf5+ g6 Qf4 Rd2+ Kg1 Qd7 Qxf6 
11   -0.96   00:00   1443K  Kh8 Kf2 Rd1 Kg3 Rd2 Kf3 Rd7 Kg4 Re7 Qf5 Re8 Qd5 f5+ Qxf5 
12   -0.85   00:00   1885K  Kh8 Kf2 Rd1 Kg3 Qb8+ Kf3 Qd8 Kg4 Rd3 b5 Rd2 g3 Rb2 Qd5 
13   -0.44   00:00   2750K  Rd1+ Kf2 Kh8 c4 Rd2+ Ke3 Rb2 Rd5 Qb6+ c5 Qb8 Rd6 Rxb4 Qd3 Rb3 Rd8+ Qxd8 Qxb3 Qe8+ Kf2 
14   -0.18   00:00   3802K  Rd1+ Kf2 Kh8 c4 Rd2+ Kg3 Rd3+ Kh2 Rb3 Qc6 Rxb4 Qc8 Qxc8 Rxc8+ Kh7 Kg3 Rb3+ Kf4 Rc3 c5 Kg6 
15   -0.35   00:00   4509K  Rd1+ Kf2 Kh8 Qe6 Rd2+ Kg3 Rd3+ Kg4 Rxc3 Rxc3 Qd4+ Kh5 Qxc3 Qe8+ Kh7 Qe4+ Kg8 g4 Qc7 Kg6 Qf7+ Kf5 Qc7 Ke6 Qf7+ Kd6 
16   -0.18   00:00   4846K  Rd1+ Kf2 Kh8 Qe6 Rd2+ Kg3 Rd3+ Kg4 Rxc3 Rxc3 Qd4+ Kh5 Qxc3 Qe8+ Kh7 Qe4+ Kh8 h4 Qb3 Kg4 Qd1+ Kh3 Qh1+ Kg3 Qd1 
17   -0.17   00:01   7309K  Rd1+ Kf2 Kh8 Kg3 Rf1 Qe6 Kh7 Rf5 Qd3+ Rf3 Rxf3+ gxf3 Qxc3 Qe4+ g6 h4 h5 Qe7+ Kh6 b5 Qd4 Qf8+ Kh7 Kh3 Qf4 Qe7+ Kh6 Qe4 Qd6 Qc4 
18   -0.58   00:03  18794K  Rd1+ Kf2 Kh8 h4 Rd2+ Kg3 Qd6+ Kg4 Qd7+ Qf5 Rxg2+ Kf3 Qxf5+ Rxf5 Rh2 Kg3 Rb2 b5 Kg8 c4 Kf7 Rc5 g5 Kg4 Ke6 Rc6+ Ke5 
19   -0.87   00:05  27899K  Rd1+ Kf2 Rd2+ Kg3 Rd3+ Kh2 Qd6+ Kg1 Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Ke3 Rd1 Kf4 Rd3 Qc4+ Kh7 Qe6 Qxe6 Rxe6 Rxc3 b5 Rb3 b6 Rb2 Ke4 Kg6 g4 
20   -0.69   00:06  33583K  Rd1+ Kf2 Rd2+ Kg3 Rd3+ Kh2 Qd6+ Kg1 Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Ke3 Rd1 Kf4 Rd3 Qc4+ Kh7 Qe6 Qxe6 Rxe6 Rxc3 b5 Kg6 b6 Kf7 Re3 Rc8 b7 Rb8 Rb3 Ke6 Rb6+ Kd7 
21   -0.99   00:10  61264K  Rd1+ Kf2 Rd2+ Kg3 Rd3+ Kh2 Qd6+ Kg1 Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Rd6 Rg3 Rd7+ Ke8 Rd2 Ke7 Rb2 Kd7 Rc2 Kd6 h4 h5 b5 Rb3 Rd2+ Kc5 Kg6 Rg3+ Kxh5 Kxb5 
22   -0.88   00:12  72740K  Qd7 Kg1 Rd1+ Kf2 Rd2+ Kg3 Rd3+ Kh2 Qd6+ Kg1 Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Ra6 Rg3 Ra2 Ke7 h4 g6+ Kf4 Rb3 Ra7+ Kd8 Rb7 Kc8 Rb6 g5+ Kg4 gxh4 Kxh4 Rb2 g4 Kc7 Rxh6 Rxb4 
23   -1.06   00:15  93585K  Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 b5 Rc5 Re5 Rc2 Kxf5 Kf7 g4 g6+ Ke4 Kf6 Kd3 Kxe5 Kxc2 Kd5 g5 h5 
24   -1.04   00:16  96339K  Rd1+ Kf2 Kh8 h4 Qd7 Rc6 Rc1 b5 Rxc3 Rxc3 Qd2+ Qe2 Qxc3 Qe8+ Kh7 Qe4+ Kh8 Qd5 f5 Qc6 Qd4+ Ke2 Qg4+ Kd3 Qg3+ Kd4 Qxh4+ Ke5 Qe7+ Kxf5 Qf7+ Ke5 Qe7+ Kd4 Qb4+ Kd5 Qb3+ Ke5 Qb2+ Ke6 
25   -0.89   00:25 148993K  Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Rd6 Rg3 Rd7+ Ke8 Rd2 Ke7 Ke5 h5 Kd5 Kd7 Kc5+ Kc7 Kb5 Kb7 Rd7+ Kb8 Rd5 h4 Rh5 Rxg2 Rxh4 Rg5+ Kb6 Rg6+ Ka5 Rg3 b5 Kb7 Rh5 Ra3+ Kb4 Rg3 
26   -0.89   00:27 161498K  Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Rd6 Rg3 Rd7+ Ke8 Rd2 Ke7 Ke5 h5 Re2 Kd7 Kf4 h4 Rc2 Rb3 Rc4 Rg3 Kf5 Rxg2 Rxh4 Kc6 Rg4 Rh2 h4 Kb5 Kg6 Rb2 Kxg7 
27   -0.90   00:30 178550K  Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Rd6 Rg3 Rd7+ Ke8 Rd2 Ke7 Ke5 Rg5+ Kd4 Kd6 g4 Kc6 Ra2 Kb6 Ra8 Rg6 Rb8+ Kc7 Re8 Kb6 Kd5 Rg5+ Kc4 h5 Re4 hxg4 Rxg4 Rh5 h4 Rh6 Rf4 
28   -0.89   00:31 185407K  Qd7 Kf2 Rd1 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Rd6 Rg3 Rd2 Ke7 Ke5 Rg5+ Kd4 Kd6 g4 Kc6 Ra2 Kb6 Ra8 Rg6 Rb8+ Kc7 Re8 Kb6 Kd5 Rg5+ Ke4 Rg6 Rb8+ Kc6 b5+ Kc7 Rg8 Kb6 
29   -0.96   00:34 204234K  Qd7 Kf2 Rd1 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Rd6 Rg3 Rd7+ Ke8 Rd2 Ke7 Ke5 Rg5+ Kd4 Kd6 g4 Kc6 Kc4 Re5 h4 g6 Rd4 Re6 b5+ Kb6 g5 hxg5 hxg5 Re8 Rd2 Kc7 
30   -0.98   00:40 243802K  Qd7 Kf2 Rd2+ Kg3 Rd3+ Kh2 Qd6+ Kg1 Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Ra6 Rg3 Ra2 Ke7 h4 h5 b5 Rg4 b6 g6+ Ke5 Rb4 Ra6 Kd7 g3 Rg4 Kd5 Rxg3 Ra8 Rb3 Kc5 Rc3+ Kb4 Rc2 Kb5 Rb2+ Kc5 
31   -1.01   00:56 353315K  Qd7 Kf2 Rd2+ Kg3 Rd3+ Kh2 Qd6+ Kg1 Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Ra6 Rg3 Ra7+ Ke8 Ra2 Ke7 Kf4 Rb3 Ra7+ Ke6 Rb7 Rb2 g3 Rb3 Rb6+ Ke7 h4 Kd7 Rb7+ Ke6 g4 Rb2 g5 h5 
32   -1.02   01:38 634829K  Rd1+ Kf2 Kh8 h4 Qd7 Rc6 Rd5 Re6 f5 Re8+ Kh7 Qe6 Rd2+ Kg1 Qa7+ Qe3 Qa2 Qf3 Qa7+ Kh2 Qc7+ Qg3 Qc6 Re5 f4 Qg4 Qg6 Qxg6+ Kxg6 Kg1 Kf6 Rc5 Rb2 b5 g5 Rc6+ Kf5 c4 gxh4 Rxh6 Rb4 Rh5+ Kg4 Rh7 Rxc4 b6 
33   -1.29   02:52   1161M  Rd1+ Kf2 Rd2+ Kg3 Rd3+ Kh2 Qd6+ Kg1 Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 b5 Kf7 Rc6 Rb3 b6 Rb5 Ke3 Rb2 Rc7+ Ke6 Rxg7 Kf6 Rb7 Ke5 Rb8 Rb3+ Kd2 Kd5 b7 Kc6 Ke2 f4 Rf8 Rxb7 Rxf4 
34   -1.19   03:41   1536M  Rd1+ Kf2 Rd2+ Kg3 Rd3+ Kh2 Qd6+ Kg1 Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Rd6 Rg3 Rd7+ Ke8 Rd2 Ke7 Rc2 Rg5+ Kf4 Rb5 Rc4 Kd6 g4 h5 Ke4 hxg4 hxg4 g6 Kd3 Rb6 Kd4 Rb7 
35   -1.21   03:51   1611M  Rd1+ Kf2 Rd2+ Kg3 Rd3+ Kh2 Qd6+ Kg1 Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Rd6 Rg3 Rd7+ Ke8 Rd2 Ke7 Rc2 Rg5+ Kf4 Rb5 Rc4 Kd6 g4 h5 Ke4 hxg4 hxg4 g6 Kd4 Rb6 Kc3 Ke5 Kb3 Rb8 Ka4 Ra8+ Kb3 Kf6 b5 g5 
36   -1.15   06:23   2805M  Rd1+ Kf2 Kh8 h4 Qd7 Rc6 Qa7+ Kg3 Qb8+ Kf3 f5 Qc4 Qb7 Kf2 Rd8 Kg1 Qb8 Rc7 Rd1+ Kf2 Qb6+ Qc5 Qg6 Qf8+ Kh7 Rc5 Rd3 Qxf5 Qxf5+ Rxf5 Rxc3 b5 Rb3 Ke2 Rg3 Kd2 Rxg2+ Kc3 Rg1 h5 Rb1 Kc4 g5 Rf6 Rc1+ Kd5 g4 Rg6 Rd1+ Kc4 
37   -1.44   09:14   4129M  Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Rd6 Rg3 Rd7+ Ke8 Rd2 Kf7 Rb2 Ke7 Rc2 Rg5+ Kf4 Kd6 g4 Rb5 Rc4 h5 Ke4 Re5+ Kd4 Rb5 Kc3 hxg4 hxg4 Rb8 Kb3 Ke5 Ka4 Ra8+ Kb5 Kf6 Kb6 Kg5 b5 Rb8+ Kc6 Rc8+ Kd5 Rb8 Kc5 Rc8+ Kd4 Rb8 
38   -1.28   09:38   4313M  Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rc1 Kg3 f5 Qe3 Rd1 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Rd6 Rg3 Rd2 Rg5+ Kf4 Ke6 Rc2 Rb5 Rc6+ Kd7 Rc4 Rh5 Ke3 Rf5 g4 Rf1 Kd4 Rb1 Kc5 g5 Rc3 Kc7 Rd3 Rc1+ Kb5 Rb1 Rc3+ Kb7 Re3 Rh1 Rf3 Rh2 Rd3 Rh1 Re3 Rh2 Rb3 Rh1 Rd3 Kc7 Rc3+ Kb7 
39   -1.17   10:12   4584M  Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rc1 Kg3 f5 Qe3 Rd1 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Rd6 Rg3 Rd7+ Ke8 Rd2 Ke7 Rc2 g6+ Ke5 h5 Kf4 h4 b5 Rb3 Kg5 Rxb5+ Kxg6 Rb8 Rf2 Ke6 Re2+ Kd6 Kf5 Rf8+ Kg4 Rh8 Rb2 Ke7 Rf2 Ke6 Kg5 Kd5 Rb2 Ke5 
40   -1.04   10:54   4914M  Qd7 Qf4 Rd1+ Kf2 Kh8 Qe4 Kg8 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Rd6 Rg3 Rd7+ Ke8 Rd2 Ke7 Rc2 g6+ Ke5 h5 Kf4 h4 b5 Rb3 Kg5 Rxb5+ Kxg6 Rb8 Re2+ Kd6 Kg5 Rh8 Kf5 Rf8+ Kg4 Rh8 Rd2+ Ke5 Kg5 Ke6 Rf2 Ke5 Rb2 Ke6 Rb6+ Kf7 Rb7+ Ke6 Rg7 Kd6 Kf5 Rf8+ Kg4 Rh8 Rg6+ Ke7 
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
MikeGL

Post by MikeGL »

Dann Corbit wrote:[d]3q2k1/6p1/3r1p1p/2R5/1P2Q3/2P4P/6P1/5K2 b - -

9   -0.60   00:00  648880  Rd2 c4 Rb2 Qe6+ Kh7 Rd5 Rb1+ Ke2 Rb2+ Kd1 Qa8 Qe4+ Kg8 
10   -1.13   00:00   1240K  Rd2 Kg1 Rd7 Kf2 Rd1 Qe6+ Kh7 Qf5+ g6 Qf4 Rd2+ Kg1 Qd7 Qxf6 
11   -0.96   00:00   1443K  Kh8 Kf2 Rd1 Kg3 Rd2 Kf3 Rd7 Kg4 Re7 Qf5 Re8 Qd5 f5+ Qxf5 
12   -0.85   00:00   1885K  Kh8 Kf2 Rd1 Kg3 Qb8+ Kf3 Qd8 Kg4 Rd3 b5 Rd2 g3 Rb2 Qd5 
13   -0.44   00:00   2750K  Rd1+ Kf2 Kh8 c4 Rd2+ Ke3 Rb2 Rd5 Qb6+ c5 Qb8 Rd6 Rxb4 Qd3 Rb3 Rd8+ Qxd8 Qxb3 Qe8+ Kf2 
14   -0.18   00:00   3802K  Rd1+ Kf2 Kh8 c4 Rd2+ Kg3 Rd3+ Kh2 Rb3 Qc6 Rxb4 Qc8 Qxc8 Rxc8+ Kh7 Kg3 Rb3+ Kf4 Rc3 c5 Kg6 
15   -0.35   00:00   4509K  Rd1+ Kf2 Kh8 Qe6 Rd2+ Kg3 Rd3+ Kg4 Rxc3 Rxc3 Qd4+ Kh5 Qxc3 Qe8+ Kh7 Qe4+ Kg8 g4 Qc7 Kg6 Qf7+ Kf5 Qc7 Ke6 Qf7+ Kd6 
16   -0.18   00:00   4846K  Rd1+ Kf2 Kh8 Qe6 Rd2+ Kg3 Rd3+ Kg4 Rxc3 Rxc3 Qd4+ Kh5 Qxc3 Qe8+ Kh7 Qe4+ Kh8 h4 Qb3 Kg4 Qd1+ Kh3 Qh1+ Kg3 Qd1 
17   -0.17   00:01   7309K  Rd1+ Kf2 Kh8 Kg3 Rf1 Qe6 Kh7 Rf5 Qd3+ Rf3 Rxf3+ gxf3 Qxc3 Qe4+ g6 h4 h5 Qe7+ Kh6 b5 Qd4 Qf8+ Kh7 Kh3 Qf4 Qe7+ Kh6 Qe4 Qd6 Qc4 
18   -0.58   00:03  18794K  Rd1+ Kf2 Kh8 h4 Rd2+ Kg3 Qd6+ Kg4 Qd7+ Qf5 Rxg2+ Kf3 Qxf5+ Rxf5 Rh2 Kg3 Rb2 b5 Kg8 c4 Kf7 Rc5 g5 Kg4 Ke6 Rc6+ Ke5 
19   -0.87   00:05  27899K  Rd1+ Kf2 Rd2+ Kg3 Rd3+ Kh2 Qd6+ Kg1 Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Ke3 Rd1 Kf4 Rd3 Qc4+ Kh7 Qe6 Qxe6 Rxe6 Rxc3 b5 Rb3 b6 Rb2 Ke4 Kg6 g4 
20   -0.69   00:06  33583K  Rd1+ Kf2 Rd2+ Kg3 Rd3+ Kh2 Qd6+ Kg1 Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Ke3 Rd1 Kf4 Rd3 Qc4+ Kh7 Qe6 Qxe6 Rxe6 Rxc3 b5 Kg6 b6 Kf7 Re3 Rc8 b7 Rb8 Rb3 Ke6 Rb6+ Kd7 
21   -0.99   00:10  61264K  Rd1+ Kf2 Rd2+ Kg3 Rd3+ Kh2 Qd6+ Kg1 Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Rd6 Rg3 Rd7+ Ke8 Rd2 Ke7 Rb2 Kd7 Rc2 Kd6 h4 h5 b5 Rb3 Rd2+ Kc5 Kg6 Rg3+ Kxh5 Kxb5 
22   -0.88   00:12  72740K  Qd7 Kg1 Rd1+ Kf2 Rd2+ Kg3 Rd3+ Kh2 Qd6+ Kg1 Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Ra6 Rg3 Ra2 Ke7 h4 g6+ Kf4 Rb3 Ra7+ Kd8 Rb7 Kc8 Rb6 g5+ Kg4 gxh4 Kxh4 Rb2 g4 Kc7 Rxh6 Rxb4 
23   -1.06   00:15  93585K  Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 b5 Rc5 Re5 Rc2 Kxf5 Kf7 g4 g6+ Ke4 Kf6 Kd3 Kxe5 Kxc2 Kd5 g5 h5 
24   -1.04   00:16  96339K  Rd1+ Kf2 Kh8 h4 Qd7 Rc6 Rc1 b5 Rxc3 Rxc3 Qd2+ Qe2 Qxc3 Qe8+ Kh7 Qe4+ Kh8 Qd5 f5 Qc6 Qd4+ Ke2 Qg4+ Kd3 Qg3+ Kd4 Qxh4+ Ke5 Qe7+ Kxf5 Qf7+ Ke5 Qe7+ Kd4 Qb4+ Kd5 Qb3+ Ke5 Qb2+ Ke6 
25   -0.89   00:25 148993K  Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Rd6 Rg3 Rd7+ Ke8 Rd2 Ke7 Ke5 h5 Kd5 Kd7 Kc5+ Kc7 Kb5 Kb7 Rd7+ Kb8 Rd5 h4 Rh5 Rxg2 Rxh4 Rg5+ Kb6 Rg6+ Ka5 Rg3 b5 Kb7 Rh5 Ra3+ Kb4 Rg3 
26   -0.89   00:27 161498K  Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Rd6 Rg3 Rd7+ Ke8 Rd2 Ke7 Ke5 h5 Re2 Kd7 Kf4 h4 Rc2 Rb3 Rc4 Rg3 Kf5 Rxg2 Rxh4 Kc6 Rg4 Rh2 h4 Kb5 Kg6 Rb2 Kxg7 
27   -0.90   00:30 178550K  Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Rd6 Rg3 Rd7+ Ke8 Rd2 Ke7 Ke5 Rg5+ Kd4 Kd6 g4 Kc6 Ra2 Kb6 Ra8 Rg6 Rb8+ Kc7 Re8 Kb6 Kd5 Rg5+ Kc4 h5 Re4 hxg4 Rxg4 Rh5 h4 Rh6 Rf4 
28   -0.89   00:31 185407K  Qd7 Kf2 Rd1 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Rd6 Rg3 Rd2 Ke7 Ke5 Rg5+ Kd4 Kd6 g4 Kc6 Ra2 Kb6 Ra8 Rg6 Rb8+ Kc7 Re8 Kb6 Kd5 Rg5+ Ke4 Rg6 Rb8+ Kc6 b5+ Kc7 Rg8 Kb6 
29   -0.96   00:34 204234K  Qd7 Kf2 Rd1 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Rd6 Rg3 Rd7+ Ke8 Rd2 Ke7 Ke5 Rg5+ Kd4 Kd6 g4 Kc6 Kc4 Re5 h4 g6 Rd4 Re6 b5+ Kb6 g5 hxg5 hxg5 Re8 Rd2 Kc7 
30   -0.98   00:40 243802K  Qd7 Kf2 Rd2+ Kg3 Rd3+ Kh2 Qd6+ Kg1 Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Ra6 Rg3 Ra2 Ke7 h4 h5 b5 Rg4 b6 g6+ Ke5 Rb4 Ra6 Kd7 g3 Rg4 Kd5 Rxg3 Ra8 Rb3 Kc5 Rc3+ Kb4 Rc2 Kb5 Rb2+ Kc5 
31   -1.01   00:56 353315K  Qd7 Kf2 Rd2+ Kg3 Rd3+ Kh2 Qd6+ Kg1 Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Ra6 Rg3 Ra7+ Ke8 Ra2 Ke7 Kf4 Rb3 Ra7+ Ke6 Rb7 Rb2 g3 Rb3 Rb6+ Ke7 h4 Kd7 Rb7+ Ke6 g4 Rb2 g5 h5 
32   -1.02   01:38 634829K  Rd1+ Kf2 Kh8 h4 Qd7 Rc6 Rd5 Re6 f5 Re8+ Kh7 Qe6 Rd2+ Kg1 Qa7+ Qe3 Qa2 Qf3 Qa7+ Kh2 Qc7+ Qg3 Qc6 Re5 f4 Qg4 Qg6 Qxg6+ Kxg6 Kg1 Kf6 Rc5 Rb2 b5 g5 Rc6+ Kf5 c4 gxh4 Rxh6 Rb4 Rh5+ Kg4 Rh7 Rxc4 b6 
33   -1.29   02:52   1161M  Rd1+ Kf2 Rd2+ Kg3 Rd3+ Kh2 Qd6+ Kg1 Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 b5 Kf7 Rc6 Rb3 b6 Rb5 Ke3 Rb2 Rc7+ Ke6 Rxg7 Kf6 Rb7 Ke5 Rb8 Rb3+ Kd2 Kd5 b7 Kc6 Ke2 f4 Rf8 Rxb7 Rxf4 
34   -1.19   03:41   1536M  Rd1+ Kf2 Rd2+ Kg3 Rd3+ Kh2 Qd6+ Kg1 Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Rd6 Rg3 Rd7+ Ke8 Rd2 Ke7 Rc2 Rg5+ Kf4 Rb5 Rc4 Kd6 g4 h5 Ke4 hxg4 hxg4 g6 Kd3 Rb6 Kd4 Rb7 
35   -1.21   03:51   1611M  Rd1+ Kf2 Rd2+ Kg3 Rd3+ Kh2 Qd6+ Kg1 Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Rd6 Rg3 Rd7+ Ke8 Rd2 Ke7 Rc2 Rg5+ Kf4 Rb5 Rc4 Kd6 g4 h5 Ke4 hxg4 hxg4 g6 Kd4 Rb6 Kc3 Ke5 Kb3 Rb8 Ka4 Ra8+ Kb3 Kf6 b5 g5 
36   -1.15   06:23   2805M  Rd1+ Kf2 Kh8 h4 Qd7 Rc6 Qa7+ Kg3 Qb8+ Kf3 f5 Qc4 Qb7 Kf2 Rd8 Kg1 Qb8 Rc7 Rd1+ Kf2 Qb6+ Qc5 Qg6 Qf8+ Kh7 Rc5 Rd3 Qxf5 Qxf5+ Rxf5 Rxc3 b5 Rb3 Ke2 Rg3 Kd2 Rxg2+ Kc3 Rg1 h5 Rb1 Kc4 g5 Rf6 Rc1+ Kd5 g4 Rg6 Rd1+ Kc4 
37   -1.44   09:14   4129M  Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Rd6 Rg3 Rd7+ Ke8 Rd2 Kf7 Rb2 Ke7 Rc2 Rg5+ Kf4 Kd6 g4 Rb5 Rc4 h5 Ke4 Re5+ Kd4 Rb5 Kc3 hxg4 hxg4 Rb8 Kb3 Ke5 Ka4 Ra8+ Kb5 Kf6 Kb6 Kg5 b5 Rb8+ Kc6 Rc8+ Kd5 Rb8 Kc5 Rc8+ Kd4 Rb8 
38   -1.28   09:38   4313M  Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rc1 Kg3 f5 Qe3 Rd1 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Rd6 Rg3 Rd2 Rg5+ Kf4 Ke6 Rc2 Rb5 Rc6+ Kd7 Rc4 Rh5 Ke3 Rf5 g4 Rf1 Kd4 Rb1 Kc5 g5 Rc3 Kc7 Rd3 Rc1+ Kb5 Rb1 Rc3+ Kb7 Re3 Rh1 Rf3 Rh2 Rd3 Rh1 Re3 Rh2 Rb3 Rh1 Rd3 Kc7 Rc3+ Kb7 
39   -1.17   10:12   4584M  Rd1+ Kf2 Qd7 Rc6 Rc1 Kg3 f5 Qe3 Rd1 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Rd6 Rg3 Rd7+ Ke8 Rd2 Ke7 Rc2 g6+ Ke5 h5 Kf4 h4 b5 Rb3 Kg5 Rxb5+ Kxg6 Rb8 Rf2 Ke6 Re2+ Kd6 Kf5 Rf8+ Kg4 Rh8 Rb2 Ke7 Rf2 Ke6 Kg5 Kd5 Rb2 Ke5 
40   -1.04   10:54   4914M  Qd7 Qf4 Rd1+ Kf2 Kh8 Qe4 Kg8 Rc6 Rd2+ Kg3 f5 Qe6+ Qxe6 Rxe6 Rd3+ Kf4 Rxc3 Kxf5 Kf7 Rd6 Rg3 Rd7+ Ke8 Rd2 Ke7 Rc2 g6+ Ke5 h5 Kf4 h4 b5 Rb3 Kg5 Rxb5+ Kxg6 Rb8 Re2+ Kd6 Kg5 Rh8 Kf5 Rf8+ Kg4 Rh8 Rd2+ Ke5 Kg5 Ke6 Rf2 Ke5 Rb2 Ke6 Rb6+ Kf7 Rb7+ Ke6 Rg7 Kd6 Kf5 Rf8+ Kg4 Rh8 Rg6+ Ke7 
Hi Dann,

I tried to copy and paste your pv above to the position for easy replay,
the final position in above pv is also a book draw since the h4 pawn of
black cannot be captured. The h4 can only be capture in exchange for the
g2 pawn of white and white will have 1 last pawn at h3 which will only
amount to a draw.

Even if analyzed using engines, white cannot make progress on your pv's final postion.

[pgn]
[Event "Computer chess game"]
[Site "Talkchess"]
[Date "2017.07.21"]
[Round "?"]
[White "?"]
[Black "McBrain_2017"]
[Result "?"]
[TimeControl "0+2"]
[SetUp "1"]
[FEN "3q2k1/6p1/3r1p1p/2R5/1P2Q3/2P4P/6P1/5K2 b - - 0 1"]
[Termination "unterminated"]
[PlyCount "65"]
[WhiteType "human"]
[BlackType "human"]

1. ... Qd7 2. Qf4 Rd1+ 3. Kf2 Kh8 4. Qe4 Kg8 5. Rc6 Rd2+ 6. Kg3 f5 7. Qe6+
Qxe6 8. Rxe6 Rd3+ 9. Kf4 Rxc3 10. Kxf5 Kf7 11. Rd6 Rg3 12. Rd7+ Ke8 13. Rd2
Ke7 14. Rc2 g6+ 15. Ke5 h5 16. Kf4 h4 17. b5 Rb3 18. Kg5 Rxb5+ 19. Kxg6 Rb8
20. Re2+ Kd6 21. Kg5 Rh8 22. Kf5 Rf8+ 23. Kg4 Rh8 24. Rd2+ Ke5 25. Kg5 Ke6
26. Rf2 Ke5 27. Rb2 Ke6 28. Rb6+ Kf7 29. Rb7+ Ke6 30. Rg7 Kd6 31. Kf5 (31.
Rg6+ Ke5 32. Rh6 Rg8+ 33. Rg6 Rh8 34. Kg4 Rh7 {=}) 31. .. Rf8+ 32. Kg4 Rh8
33. Rg6+ Ke7 {=}
[/pgn]

regards
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

MikeGL wrote:
Dann Corbit wrote:[d]3q2k1/6p1/3r1p1p/2R5/1P2Q3/2P4P/6P1/5K2 b - -

Hi Dann,

I tried to copy and paste your pv above to the position for easy replay,
the final position in above pv is also a book draw since the h4 pawn of
black cannot be captured. The h4 can only be capture in exchange for the
g2 pawn of white and white will have 1 last pawn at h3 which will only
amount to a draw.

Even if analyzed using engines, white cannot make progress on your pv's final postion.

[pgn]
[Event "Computer chess game"]
[Site "Talkchess"]
[Date "2017.07.21"]
[Round "?"]
[White "?"]
[Black "McBrain_2017"]
[Result "?"]
[TimeControl "0+2"]
[SetUp "1"]
[FEN "3q2k1/6p1/3r1p1p/2R5/1P2Q3/2P4P/6P1/5K2 b - - 0 1"]
[Termination "unterminated"]
[PlyCount "65"]
[WhiteType "human"]
[BlackType "human"]

1. ... Qd7 2. Qf4 Rd1+ 3. Kf2 Kh8 4. Qe4 Kg8 5. Rc6 Rd2+ 6. Kg3 f5 7. Qe6+
Qxe6 8. Rxe6 Rd3+ 9. Kf4 Rxc3 10. Kxf5 Kf7 11. Rd6 Rg3 12. Rd7+ Ke8 13. Rd2
Ke7 14. Rc2 g6+ 15. Ke5 h5 16. Kf4 h4 17. b5 Rb3 18. Kg5 Rxb5+ 19. Kxg6 Rb8
20. Re2+ Kd6 21. Kg5 Rh8 22. Kf5 Rf8+ 23. Kg4 Rh8 24. Rd2+ Ke5 25. Kg5 Ke6
26. Rf2 Ke5 27. Rb2 Ke6 28. Rb6+ Kf7 29. Rb7+ Ke6 30. Rg7 Kd6 31. Kf5 (31.
Rg6+ Ke5 32. Rh6 Rg8+ 33. Rg6 Rh8 34. Kg4 Rh7 {=}) 31. .. Rf8+ 32. Kg4 Rh8
33. Rg6+ Ke7 {=}
[/pgn]

regards
The final position of a pv is pretty well useless.
It contains crap like quiescent search nodes.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote:so, chess base article is wrong: Ra6 was not a mistake, just not the best continuation.
dev-SF-McB agrees with you...
[d]Rr6/5kp1/1qQb1p1p/1p1PpP2/1Pp1B3/2P4P/6P1/5K2 w - - 0 1

[pgn][Event "Mac Pro x5690 3.46 Ghz 18 CPU"]
[Site "Mac-Pro.local"]
[Date "2017.07.20"]
[Round "-"]
[White "SF-McBrain 2.7 64 POPCNT"]
[Black "Komodo 11.2 64-bit"]
[Result "1-0"]
[TimeControl "360+6"]
[FEN "Rr6/5kp1/1qQb1p1p/1p1PpP2/1Pp1B3/2P4P/6P1/5K2 w - - 0 1"]
[SetUp "1"]