Houdini 6 has been released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Houdini

Re: Houdini 6 has been released

Post by Houdini »

CheckersGuy wrote:Will there be a trial version ? I am not complaining about the price which I think is very fair for what one get`s but since I am a student 40/60€ is a lot of money.
There is no trial version, but you can see some of the results in the IPON test that Ingo ran ten days ago.
See the following topic: http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=65112
and the results:
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... 157#731157
Last edited by Houdini on Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CheckersGuy

Post by CheckersGuy »

If I buy the standard version, can I update to the pro version later ? Currently have an 8 core processor but will upgrade to a 16 core processor next month.
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

pohl4711 wrote:Just bought the Pro-version. Download-link within 2 minutes. No problems with activation. 4 activations (4 PCs) possible, like Houdini 5. Price in germany (with taxes): 71.34€

Stefan (SPCC)
You are lucky you got a download link in 2 MIN. Some people have not recived one in 30 min...
Houdini

Post by Houdini »

CheckersGuy wrote:If I buy the standard version, can I update to the pro version later ? Currently have an 8 core processor but will upgrade to a 16 core processor next month.
Yes, no problem.
Houdini

Post by Houdini »

Damir wrote:You are lucky you got a download link in 2 MIN. Some people have not recived one in 30 min...
Make sure to check the spam folders, some e-mail clients (in particular GMail) put our purchase confirmation mail in there.
Most purchases are handled really quickly on our side (within minutes of purchase), but unfortunately e-mail is not as reliable as one could hope for...
BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

shrapnel wrote:No point spending 60 $ on something which will be available for free in less than 2 weeks.
Logical, I think.
Everything is free if one has no moral issues with stealing.

Even a delicious bar of chocolate is free if I want to slip it into my pocket whilst in the supermarket.

Don't even need to wait two weeks.

But the question I must ask myself is:

"Am I a thief, or not?"
pohl4711
Full name: Stefan Pohl

Post by pohl4711 »

Houdini wrote:
pohl4711 wrote:Just bought the Pro-version. Download-link within 2 minutes. No problems with activation. 4 activations (4 PCs) possible, like Houdini 5. Price in germany (with taxes): 71.34€

Stefan (SPCC)
The number of activations is by default 4, if you have more computers just send us an e-mail to increase the limit. There is no real limit for users that don't abuse the system.

With the -20% Upgrade Promo for Houdini 5 users, pricing is 31.95€+VAT and 47.95€+VAT for Houdini 6 Standard and Pro.
I know. I decided to buy Houdini 6 for the "normal" price (without discount), because I want to support the Houdini-project. I believe, it is very important, to have another top-engine besides Stockfish and Komodo fighting for the world's number one position.

Stefan
Houdini

Post by Houdini »

pohl4711 wrote: I know. I decided to buy Houdini 6 for the "normal" price (without discount), because I want to support the Houdini-project. I believe, it is very important, to have another top-engine besides Stockfish and Komodo fighting for the world's number one position.

Stefan
Thank you, Stefan, much appreciated.
Nordlandia

Post by Nordlandia »

Good news!

Also lowering default EGTB Probe Depth value to 1 is nice since SSD is what most people use.

It is believed that Probe Depth Value is different between 5-men and 6-men syzygy. For example if probing 5-men, value of 0 may be adequate. If probing 6-men 1 may be best.
kgburcham

Post by kgburcham »

pohl4711 wrote:
Houdini wrote:

Stefan (SPCC)
The number of activations is by default 4, if you have more computers just send us an e-mail to increase the limit. There is no real limit for users that don't abuse the system.

With the -20% Upgrade Promo for Houdini 5 users, pricing is 31.95€+VAT and 47.95€+VAT for Houdini 6 Standard and Pro.
I know. I decided to buy Houdini 6 for the "normal" price (without discount), because I want to support the Houdini-project. I believe, it is very important, to have another top-engine besides Stockfish and Komodo fighting for the world's number one position.

Stefan
me too
no chess program was born totally from one mind. all chess programs have many ideas from many minds.