ChessUSA.com TalkChess.com
Hosted by Your Move Chess & Games

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

World Class Open with county class pairing administration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carl Langan

PostPost subject: Re: World Class Open with county class pairing administratio    Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:34 pm Reply to topic Reply with quote

Guenther wrote:
Isle of Man Open : 'The strongest open tournament for 2017'
http://iominternationalchess.com/

It is incredible that such a tourney cannot be conducted normally according to the pairings.

- Round 1 random pairings at all!! (I wonder why no one protested strong enough and forced a repairing? - Caruana vs. Kramnik in an Open in round 1 is ridiculous...)

- They managed now to pair Hou Yifan the fourth time in a row against a woman (doesn't that sound familiar after Gibraltar? How would she not develop paranoid feelings against FIDE?)

I am more than surprised how such things can still happen today.
Even in my local club we have at least a couple of players who can manage
pairings software perfectly according to tournament standard.
(Well just adjust all relevant settings right before the start of the tourney)

The organizers are experimenting with random pairings in Rd#1 to keep things "interesting" (usually the fist round in a swiss is all about mismatches). Can't say I like their idea too much.

I've noticed the same thing about Hou Yifan's pairings. I would be paranoid, too. Mad
Subject Author Date/Time
World Class Open with county class pairing administration Guenther Simon Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:27 am
      Re: World Class Open with county class pairing administratio Carl Langan Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:34 pm
            Re: World Class Open with county class pairing administratio Greg Simpson Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:52 am
                  Re: World Class Open with county class pairing administratio Joseph Ellis Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:49 pm
                        Re: World Class Open with county class pairing administratio Erin Dame Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:35 pm
                              Re: World Class Open with county class pairing administratio Joseph Ellis Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:04 pm

Jump to: