MacOS compile wanted of latest BrainFish (01Nov)

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

maxdeg

MacOS compile wanted of latest BrainFish (01Nov)

Post by maxdeg »

Can somebody provide please - tried compiling but hit errors I dont have the know-how to resolve.

:oops: :cry:

bmi2 please .. thank you.
jshriver

Re: MacOS compile wanted of latest BrainFish (01Nov)

Post by jshriver »

Can you give me a link to download the source? If so I can try and make a binary for you.

If they aren't online you can email it to me. jshriver at google mail.

-Josh
maxdeg

Post by maxdeg »

jshriver wrote:Can you give me a link to download the source? If so I can try and make a binary for you.

If they aren't online you can email it to me. jshriver at google mail.

-Josh
Thanks Josh - appreciate the help - source available here

http://zipproth.de/#ui-tabs-1

any issues downloading please let me know will then email to you.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

maxdeg wrote:Can somebody provide please - tried compiling but hit errors I dont have the know-how to resolve.

sorry for seeing this late -if you upgraded to high sierra, apple broke gcc pgo for -O2 and -O3 , only -O1 is working for PGO, non PGO bulls should be fine ( further gcc4.8 is in compatible with high sierra, you have to move gcc 5 or higher) - might as move to gcc7 since their builds are pretty decent even without pgo.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bxiu6zxkxga2y ... 7.zip?dl=1 -

sorry no bmi2 builds here - it won't be faster anyway due to the above - clang and gcc are virtually the same speed for my machine.
maxdeg

Post by maxdeg »

MikeB wrote:
maxdeg wrote:Can somebody provide please - tried compiling but hit errors I dont have the know-how to resolve.

sorry for seeing this late -if you upgraded to high sierra, apple broke gcc pgo for -O2 and -O3 , only -O1 is working for PGO, non PGO bulls should be fine ( further gcc4.8 is in compatible with high sierra, you have to move gcc 5 or higher) - might as move to gcc7 since their builds are pretty decent even without pgo.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bxiu6zxkxga2y ... 7.zip?dl=1 -

sorry no bmi2 builds here - it won't be faster anyway due to the above - clang and gcc are virtually the same speed for my machine.
No problem Mike - thank you very much :D

I'm up-to-date on the Mac - all updates installed. The gcc version you provided crashes (we've had this before) but the clang works perfectly.

Thanks once again.