TCEC 10

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Geonerd

Re: TCEC 10

Post by Geonerd »

Guenther wrote:
Leo wrote:Stockfish hands Andscacs its first defeat and is now ripping into Chiron.
No. Everone who has seen the first moves knew immediately the book contained a funny typo...
Not sure if it was a 'typo" but the book put black in a cramped, rather passive position right out of the box. Black had to play very energetically to make some space and counter-play. But that didn't happen, and FS squeezed the life out of Andscacs.
syzygy

Post by syzygy »

Geonerd wrote:
Guenther wrote:
Leo wrote:Stockfish hands Andscacs its first defeat and is now ripping into Chiron.
No. Everone who has seen the first moves knew immediately the book contained a funny typo...
Not sure if it was a 'typo" but the book put black in a cramped, rather passive position right out of the box. Black had to play very energetically to make some space and counter-play. But that didn't happen, and FS squeezed the life out of Andscacs.
The typo refers to the Chiron game (which was interrupted after a few moves and restarted with the correct book moves).
Dan Cooper

Post by Dan Cooper »

Michael Neish wrote:Sorry if I'm behind the curve on this, but can't the games be viewed in real time online any more?
The games are where they have always been.
tcec.chessdom.com/live.php
Michael Neish

Post by Michael Neish »

Thanks.
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

As a Stockfish fan I am glad to see it battle back. May the best engine win whoever it is. Komodo is playing very tough. It has had a reputation for scaling well for a long time. Maybe its tapping into those 44 cores.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.
gotogo

Post by gotogo »

It's game selection and it is to favor komodo! absolutely the worst tcec yet!
only three stages get rid of the competition early! Tcec is nothing more than a scam!
For the jerks that would think I might be arb well what can I say other than you're a jerk!
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

gotogo wrote:It's game selection and it is to favor komodo! absolutely the worst tcec yet!
only three stages get rid of the competition early! Tcec is nothing more than a scam!
For the jerks that would think I might be arb well what can I say other than you're a jerk!
Hello, Arb.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

What a win for Stockfish. I suppose arb thinks the tournament is fair now.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.
Dan Cooper

Post by Dan Cooper »

Leo wrote:What a win for Stockfish. I suppose arb thinks the tournament is fair now.
This is all part of the complex scam that goes 600 levels deep. Even Stockfish is part of it.
Jouni

Post by Jouni »

If Stockfish goes stage 2 lossless I consider it already as winner. No interest to continue with possible K vs H final :!: .
Jouni