Vistual studio community 2017

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ras
Full name: Rasmus Althoff

Re: Visual studio community 2017

Post by Ras »

jdart wrote:What is this IDE you speak of?
I'm just using Notepad++, also professionally. Sometimes, the only kind of "debugger" available is an oscilloscope, attached to some I/O pin of the microcontroller. In very difficult cases, not even that because it alters the timing. Then it's the Chuck Norris way - staring at the code and forcing it to confess.
pkumar

Re: Vistual studio community 2017

Post by pkumar »

I installed CB 16.01 again. There was no difficulty in rebuilding a project a few times. So I shall continue with this till the problem reappears. It may be relevant that my laptop has 4 GB of memory and quite a few other windows were open when CB crashed.
pkumar

Post by pkumar »

I installed CB 16.01 again. If there is any problem I shall try the RC version. Thanks for the link.
Henk

Post by Henk »

I also get this error when opening my project:

Some of the properties associated with the solution could not be read.

Very accurate warning (not). Which properties?
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

Out of curiosity,
I download Alfil 15.8 which is known to be a Stockfish derivative in C#, load it with your own project and compile it without an error.
Henk

Post by Henk »

I also had to disable the option "Enable diagnostic tool while debugging" otherwise debugging Skipper interface was really terrible slow.

Reminded me of doing a database exercise thirty years ago with twenty students working simultaneously.

By the way something is more going on. Perhaps downloading updates. For after 22:00 computer is much faster.

They just want you to buy a faster computer. Or they assume you work with best hardware. Probably all these software development tools are not well tested. They are just using us to test their software with these free downloads.
Henk

Post by Henk »

They also write that asp.net mvc is dead and one should use ASP.net core.
Recommending razor pages. So you can spend all your time in learning .net Core and rewriting GUI next months.