Any news of a Komodo update in sight?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ulpius

Any news of a Komodo update in sight?

Post by Ulpius »

Are there any plans for a Komodo update in this year? This would be a great X-mas-candy for my vacation at end of december.

Greetings Ulf
shrapnel

Re: Any news of a Komodo update in sight?

Post by shrapnel »

Are you serious ?
Really who cares anymore whether Komodo or any other Engine gets updated anymore unless they incorporate MCTC algorithm into it, instead of the now obsolete Alpha-Beta Search.
i7 5960X @ 4.1 Ghz, 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM, Twin Asus ROG Strix OC 11 GB Geforce 2080 Tis
kasinp
Full name: Peter Kasinski

Post by kasinp »

shrapnel wrote:Are you serious ?
Really who cares anymore whether Komodo or any other Engine gets updated anymore unless they incorporate MCTC algorithm into it, instead of the now obsolete Alpha-Beta Search.
I am sure you have already disposed of any tv's that aren't 8K. After all, in Tokyo they watched 2016 Olympic games in 8k already. How silly of the rest of us to have stuck with the inferior technology.
shrapnel

Post by shrapnel »

I surely would have, if 8 K technology was readily available.
What concerns me is if DeepMind doesn't start selling at least some form of the AlphaZero AI, we'll be stuck with the same old boring Engines which use obsolete technology.
After what AlphaZero has shown us by making a laughing stock of Stockfish, it would be sad to be stuck with the same old engines.
i7 5960X @ 4.1 Ghz, 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM, Twin Asus ROG Strix OC 11 GB Geforce 2080 Tis
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Yeah I don't play chess any more once I figured out I couldn't beat Carlsen..lol
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

JohnW wrote:
Yeah I don't play chess any more once I figured out I couldn't beat Carlsen..lol
lol
Advanced Micro Devices fan.
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

I would care more if they introduced Romi-style learning into Komodo. I bet Michael Sherwin would offer to consult, if they did. Then we'll see some spectacular results from Komodo. I hope they're reading this. 8-)
nitrocan

Post by nitrocan »

Now obsolete? So after one example of Alpha Zero beating Stockfish under questionable circumstances, alpha beta is obsolete. A++ logic, would read again.
Jesse Gersenson

Post by Jesse Gersenson »

carldaman wrote:I would care more if they introduced Romi-style learning into Komodo. I bet Michael Sherwin would offer to consult, if they did. Then we'll see some spectacular results from Komodo. I hope they're reading this. 8-)
If people want learning in Komodo, let your voice be heard; Mark and Larry are open to feature requests, especially those requested by a lot of people.

Ulf, they release whenever Larry says, 'Go!'.
shrapnel

Post by shrapnel »

Jesse Gersenson wrote:If people want learning in Komodo, let your voice be heard; Mark and Larry are open to feature requests, especially those requested by a lot of people.
'.
So Reinforcement Learning will be introduced by Komodo team (if they are capable of it) only on REQUEST.
Looks like the thrashing stockfish received still hasn't convinced them.
*** Unbelievable.