LucasChess 11.04a

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

reflectionofpower

LucasChess 11.04a

Post by reflectionofpower »

http://lucaschess.pythonanywhere.com/

A lot of work went into this with all kinds of interesting features. It has 40 engines preinstalled from 0-3300 ELO and you can tweak strength settings for each engine. It also has many training options. For free you can't beat it.
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
CMCanavessi

Re: LucasChess 11.04a

Post by CMCanavessi »

With Chrome, when I click on Play nothing happens.
reflectionofpower

Post by reflectionofpower »

CMCanavessi wrote:With Chrome, when I click on Play nothing happens.
You have to download the program and install it. Not a self installation either as You are decompressing the files into a directory of your chess and running it from there.

Program is under the Downloads pulldown menu for downloading.
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
CMCanavessi

Post by CMCanavessi »

Oh I thought you could play online. My bad.
tsmiller1

Post by tsmiller1 »

Lucas Chess is so awesome! It even works with the DGT Chessboard, which makes playing and analyzing so much sweeter.
lukasmonk

Post by lukasmonk »

I have published today, new update 11.05.
In relation to engines, this new update includes as novelty McBrain 4.0 (Michael Byrne), and Cdrill 1800 (Ferdinand Mosca).
leavenfish

Post by leavenfish »

Been meaning to give this a go...

But "Play like a Woman Grandmaster"?????
lukasmonk

Post by lukasmonk »

leavenfish wrote:Been meaning to give this a go...

I had doubts about including this training as an apart, but according to the criteria I have used so far (Fide top players), the number of women is an anecdote in the list of great masters provided by the program, and I thought I'd give them a higher visibility.
When any person uses the program, let it be very clear to her/him that not everything is Capablanca, Fisher and Carlsen, that there are also great women players, such as Judith Polgar, Anna Muzychuk, Yifan Hou.....

My main doubts were whether women that uses the program did not like this differentiation.
BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

lukasmonk wrote:My main doubts were whether women that uses the program did not like this differentiation.
If they don't like it, they also shouldn't like the fact that there are Women's titles.

Can't have both.
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

lukasmonk wrote:
leavenfish wrote:Been meaning to give this a go...

I had doubts about including this training as an apart, but according to the criteria I have used so far (Fide top players), the number of women is an anecdote in the list of great masters provided by the program, and I thought I'd give them a higher visibility.
When any person uses the program, let it be very clear to her/him that not everything is Capablanca, Fisher and Carlsen, that there are also great women players, such as Judith Polgar, Anna Muzychuk, Yifan Hou.....

My main doubts were whether women that uses the program did not like this differentiation.
I think you made the correct decision, even if some might find it 'Politically Incorrect'. On a side note, I wonder how FIDE will deal with the transgender issue of men playing in female events because they state that they identify as women.
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."