Cfish 9 is OUT!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

hagtorp

Re: Cfish 9 is OUT!

Post by hagtorp »

There my compilation Cfish-9 for android (arm7,arm64v8):
https://app.box.com/s/x527xsz3hhuzqewygxuuvllboasshfll
pedrox

Post by pedrox »

In my AMD FX-6100 stockfish windows popcnt by Thomas is the fastest, 5% faster than cfish and 10% faster than the versions by mstembera and Ipman.
syzygy

Post by syzygy »

hagtorp wrote:There my compilation Cfish-9 for android (arm7,arm64v8):
https://app.box.com/s/x527xsz3hhuzqewygxuuvllboasshfll
Thanks!

I've added the MacOS and Android compiles to the github release page.

I did not unpack the MacOS zip file because I'm not sure how important the __MACOSX directory is.
Evert

Post by Evert »

syzygy wrote: I did not unpack the MacOS zip file because I'm not sure how important the __MACOSX directory is.
In all likelyhood, it's just cruft that can be removed. It's used to store meta-data that is part of the information stored in the file system that cannot be stored as part of the normal meta-data in the zip file.
syzygy

Post by syzygy »

I've now added a "modern" compile optimised for sandybridge+ and a "bmi2" compile optimised for haswell+.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Evert wrote:
syzygy wrote: I did not unpack the MacOS zip file because I'm not sure how important the __MACOSX directory is.
In all likelyhood, it's just cruft that can be removed. It's used to store meta-data that is part of the information stored in the file system that cannot be stored as part of the normal meta-data in the zip file.
It's not important at all.
modolief

Post by modolief »

How was the rusftish source created? Is it generated from the C++ source, or is it hand built?
Nordlandia

Post by Nordlandia »

Because my X99 Deluxe (i7-5960X) motherboard malfunctioned 1 month ago, i had to downgrade to sandybridge 2500K as my primary machine in the meantime. Overclocked to 4.5GHz, it performs about 50% compared to 5960X.

What kind of difference between?

cfish_9_sandybridge_modern_windows.exe

cfish_9_x64_modern_windows.exe
syzygy

Post by syzygy »

Nordlandia wrote:Because my X99 Deluxe (i7-5960X) motherboard malfunctioned 1 month ago, i had to downgrade to sandybridge 2500K as my primary machine in the meantime. Overclocked to 4.5GHz, it performs about 50% compared to 5960X.

What kind of difference between?

cfish_9_sandybridge_modern_windows.exe

cfish_9_x64_modern_windows.exe
A difference in speed, perhaps.
syzygy

Post by syzygy »

modolief wrote:How was the rusftish source created? Is it generated from the C++ source, or is it hand built?
Hand built, while learning Rust.

I noticed yesterday there is something wrong with time management (it moves immediately). And although the default bench is identical, benches to a higher depth have a different node count. So I have still some bugs to fix.