Schooner 1.8 (trojan?)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dayffd

Schooner 1.8 (trojan?)

Post by Dayffd »

Schooner 1.8_32.exe: Trojan:win32/Fuerboos.C!cl False positive? Windows 7, Security Essentials.
David S.
BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Re: Schooner 1.8 (trojan?)

Post by BrendanJNorman »

Dayffd wrote:Schooner 1.8_32.exe: Trojan:win32/Fuerboos.C!cl False positive? Windows 7, Security Essentials.
Runs fine for me, David.

I'd advise not to run Windows anti-malware tools - they're notorious for false positives.

Get free AVG or something instead.
tpoppins

Post by tpoppins »

This has been covered in the original Schooner Version 1.8 thread. Yes, it's a false positive.
D Sceviour

Post by D Sceviour »

Dayffd wrote:Schooner 1.8_32.exe: Trojan:win32/Fuerboos.C!cl False positive? Windows 7, Security Essentials.
Amazingly, someone seems to have replaced the zip folder with another folder in the sites.google. The new folder contains the same files with *.exe added. However, the new files do not appear to be corrupt, or different, and verified scan clean through a hex editor. I did not change the executable names; someone else did that. The original folder has been restored.

This is troublesome but before beginning a report of abuse to sites.google, has anyone any suggestions first?