New engine: Xiphos

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

joechess

Re: New engine: Xiphos

Post by joechess »

Neither windows binary's are working for me. Can anyone compile one for older machines, Ive tried but just cannot get it to run
Marek Soszynski

Post by Marek Soszynski »

joechess wrote:Neither windows binary's are working for me. Can anyone compile one for older machines, Ive tried but just cannot get it to run
Can't compile for nonpop 64bit Linux either.
Marek Soszynski
mt

Post by mt »

Could y also implement the "go searchmoves" please?
thanks for the suggestion. will include it in the next release.
mt

Post by mt »

Damir wrote:Milos, I am having problems when trying and load the engine on Playchess server. It will not load. I am using BMI2 version of your engine. I hope you can fix the problem. :? :?
hi damir, thank you for your interest. unfortunately i don't have any experience with Playchess server, maybe using an older version will help.
mt

Post by mt »

sandermvdb wrote:An initial version that is ~3000 elo! :o
How long have you been working on this project?
i've started to work on it 8 months ago. one thing helped a lot, i have a spare 6 core machine i used to run tests 24/7.
mt

Post by mt »

velmarin wrote:Congrats, is a very promising project, although I haven't been able to prove it.
Windows_x64_magic version does not work on my SSE2 machine
i've updated the w64-magic version. i hope it will work now on any sse hardware. sorry for the trouble.
mt

Post by mt »

Marek Soszynski wrote:
joechess wrote:Neither windows binary's are working for me. Can anyone compile one for older machines, Ive tried but just cannot get it to run
thank you for your interest, and sorry for the trouble.
for the next release, i'll try to make binaries for older hardware as well. at the moment, there is some inline assembly and also usage of xmm registers. i have to port that over, but in the same time be sure this isn't going to hurt the performance much.
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

mt wrote:
velmarin wrote:Congrats, is a very promising project, although I haven't been able to prove it.
i've updated the w64-magic version. i hope it will work now on any sse hardware. sorry for the trouble.
Yes, now works !! thanks :D
Marek Soszynski

Post by Marek Soszynski »

mt wrote:
Marek Soszynski wrote:
thank you for your interest, and sorry for the trouble.
for the next release, i'll try to make binaries for older hardware as well. at the moment, there is some inline assembly and also usage of xmm registers. i have to port that over, but in the same time be sure this isn't going to hurt the performance much.
Thanks, Milos. It's appreciated.
Marek Soszynski
joechess

Post by joechess »

mt wrote:
Yes its working for me now! keep up the good work.