Komodo 11.3 released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mroh

Re: Komodo 11.3 released

Post by mroh »

You cant "plug" this source unmodified to any other engine, not even the same engine. Just look at the code ^^

You have to modify/rewrite it anyhow.

It is not a lot of code, the idea is simple. (and nice)
I think, _any_ engine author can implement something like that in no time with his own code -> no GPL violating.

A commercial/closed source engine would need to find something other than qdbm (GPL) and kyotocabinet (GPL, not sure if exceptions) as a format to store the HT, but I am sure there are enough other options.

This is not a licencing problem, its a matter of will ^^

OT: Damn my komodo subscription has timed out since 2 days ;(
Nordlandia

Post by Nordlandia »

Is default contempt of 16 adequate value against K11.2.2 in selfplay (assuming the latter use C=10) ?
main line

Post by main line »

Nordlandia wrote:Is default contempt of 16 adequate value against K11.2.2 in selfplay (assuming the latter use C=10) ?
How much Komodo's kn/s in your 16 cores?
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Nordlandia wrote:Is default contempt of 16 adequate value against K11.2.2 in selfplay (assuming the latter use C=10) ?
Based on the estimated elo diff. and the formula in readme the optimum value for this test is Contempt = 1. But of course that wouldn't be fair if you use 10 in 11.2.2. A setting of Contempt = 13 would be the closest equivalent to 10 in the older version so it would be "fair". We raised it to 16 partly because SF now uses 20, so at least when we play Stockfish we are no longer handicapped, and against Houdini we're only very slightly handicapped at default levels.
Komodo rules!
Vizvezdenec

Post by Vizvezdenec »

I don't think that SF contempt 20 is the same as komodo 20, also the latest dev version of sf uses 12+logarythmic dynamic contempt :)
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Vizvezdenec wrote:I don't think that SF contempt 20 is the same as komodo 20, also the latest dev version of sf uses 12+logarythmic dynamic contempt :)
They are not the same (Komodo Contempt does more than SF Contempt) but the values are comparable now.
Komodo rules!
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Vizvezdenec wrote:I don't think that SF contempt 20 is the same as komodo 20, also the latest dev version of sf uses 12+logarythmic dynamic contempt :)
Regarding SF "dynamic contempt", am I misunderstanding something? It seems to be saying that if you are winning, don't trade pieces, which is of course ridiculous. At least that's what it looked like a couple weeks ago.
Komodo rules!
Hurnavich

Post by Hurnavich »

Now i'm confused i thought contempt 0 was correct against SF And Houdini
"May your next game be your best"
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

I am fired up to see Komodo rise in the ratings lists.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Leo wrote:I am fired up to see Komodo rise in the ratings lists.
Larry and Mark say +10 Elo for this version approx. I think this release is more for the "real" users out there who use it for analysis etc than the ratings lists.