LCZero update

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dann Corbit

Re: LCZero update

Post by Dann Corbit »

CMCanavessi wrote:Here's a new package I've made: http://www.mediafire.com/file/s99iadlt6 ... 20Gen10.7z

It has all the latest files at the time of posting this.

lczero.exe is build 101
client.exe is v0.1 from github
network is Network ID 14, Gen 10

It's NOT an official package, I just put all the files together for ease of use. Use it at your own risk or go and get the files yourself from their original place :)
Seems to run fine on AMD.
I started a batch running, user dcorbit
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
CMCanavessi

Post by CMCanavessi »

Spliffjiffer wrote:can i contribute to the "training-part" with an APU as CPU/GPU ?
I don't know, you should try and report back :)

There's a CPU-only version of the client, too. It was broken but I think it's already fixed.
Follow my tournament and some Leela gauntlets live at http://twitch.tv/ccls
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

Here's what I get.
It is correct :?:

Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

I would like to know what kind of equipment Error323 is using.
He seems to have some pretty dominant throughput.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
jhellis3

Post by jhellis3 »

I think he has a couple of 1080TIs and maybe another 1080 or something like that.
CMCanavessi

Post by CMCanavessi »

velmarin wrote:Here's what I get.
It is correct :?:

Yes, it is doing the self-tuning. After that's finished it should start to train, or start the engine (depending of what you started).
CMCanavessi

Post by CMCanavessi »

jhellis3 wrote:I think he has a couple of 1080TIs and maybe another 1080 or something like that.
Yeah, imagine if we could find a couple of users with hardware like him to help the project, it would skyrocket :D
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

jhellis3 wrote:I think he has a couple of 1080TIs and maybe another 1080 or something like that.
My old AMD card does 2 Tflops.
I started this morning and it is up to 15 games. I guess it will make 50 games in 24 hours, which is about 1% of Error323.

I looked up the specs for the Nvidia Titan V and it does 110 TFlops.
cetormenter

Post by cetormenter »

Dann Corbit wrote:
My old AMD card does 2 Tflops.
I started this morning and it is up to 15 games. I guess it will make 50 games in 24 hours, which is about 1% of Error323.

I looked up the specs for the Nvidia Titan V and it does 110 TFlops.
I get about 1400 games a day on my 970 (2.3 TFlops). So a single 1080 (~9 TFlops) would get you over 5000 games a day assuming 1:1 scaling.
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

Carlos

In your new package the network file is called network.txt whereas previously it was just called network. Has there been a change or did you make a mistake?

Thanks.
John