Chess Tools

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ferdy

Re: Chess Tools

Post by Ferdy »

Ovyron wrote:
Ferdy wrote:Started coding, here is a sample run so far. The score is in cp and is side POV. The master reply with lower score +47 (example below) will be the one to follow, and bestmove at root is d7d6 from slave 1.

I will upload a beta once it can play as uci engine with support of at least movetime TC.

Could you suggest a unique name for this Adapter?
uci
Adapter v0.1.0
Ulysses P., Ferdy

master:
spark-1.0
AJ Siemelink

slave1:
Stockfish 9 64 POPCNT
T. Romstad, M. Costalba, J. Kiiski, G. Linscott

slave2:
Fizbo 2
Youri Matiounine

ucinewgame
position startpos moves e2e4 c7c5 g1f3
go movetime 5000

slave1: Stockfish 9 64 POPCNT
bestmove d7d6
bestscore -9

slave2: Fizbo 2
bestmove d7d5
bestscore +71

master reply to slave1: d2d4, +47
master reply to slave2: e4d5, +82
move to make: d7d6 from slave1

bestmove d7d6
Wow! That's very cool, and you did it quickly! I've always sucked at naming stuff, may I suggest Spicy Tequila? The idea it's like such a Cocktail, and you get a differe flavor every time!

Thank you very much, will be playing with it right now :)
In the example Fizbo 2 actually does not fully support movetime, it just played quickly after go movetime n.

There can be types/classifications of Tequila, it is possible that we will name it Tequila, and since Tequila is very common try to create unique name out of it, say "Aitqeul", it starts with ai - artificial intelligence.
Ferdy

Re: Chess Tools > Nucleus 0.0.1 beta

Post by Ferdy »

Ovyron wrote:Thanks. Yay! Ticking the "Exact time" box on Shredder GUI works, games are playing! I'll experiment with Time Factor in the meantime :)
OK good.
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Yeah, managed to play 2 games without problems, the concept works!
Ferdy wrote:There can be types/classifications of Tequila, it is possible that we will name it Tequila, and since Tequila is very common try to create unique name out of it, say "Aitqeul", it starts with ai - artificial intelligence.
Well, the idea of Spicy Tequila was to name it after a Cocktail, since it's allowing us to make cocktails of chess engines, but Tequila alone doesn't work. I have been looking for Tequila cocktail names but none seem to serve our purposes.

However, if you want something that starts with Ai, what about removing the first letter of some cocktail to make a pun? Then the name could be Aiquiri (from Daiquiri), Aipirinha (from Caipirinha), or... Aigasm? (from the cocktail with Amaretto, Kahlua and Baileys Irish Cream).

Hmmm...
Your beliefs create your reality, so be careful what you wish for.
Ozymandias

Re: Polyglot book creator

Post by Ozymandias »

Ferdy wrote:
PeterO wrote:What is the lates version of your: Polyglot Book Creator?

Where can I download it?

Peter
Check here.
http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... t&start=10

I stopped developing it. My new plan is to write the GUI in c# in windows, it is more prettier than python tkinter. If there are interests I may continue it.
Any of the two options sounds good (python version doesn't look particularly ugly). I know a few guys over at the MZ forum who use bin books on a regular basis, but before letting them know, I'd like to report the current functionality.

I downloaded SF 9 games from CCRL 40/40 and made a book with default parameters, selecting Andscacs white games. Then, I selected those games directly and looked at the tree. In the screenshot below, you can see side by side the information resulting from the tree, as produced by Scid vs. Mac, and the moves available in the book created by the tool:

Shouldn't Nf3 be an option?

- e4 scores 5 draws (5 points in polyglot terms)
- d4 -> 3 points
- c4 -> 3 points
- Nf3 -> 1 point

All those moves have at least 3 games, so the "normal" probability should be:

- e4 42%
- d4 25%
- c4 25%
- Nf3 8%
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

Ovyron wrote:Yeah, managed to play 2 games without problems, the concept works!
Ferdy wrote:There can be types/classifications of Tequila, it is possible that we will name it Tequila, and since Tequila is very common try to create unique name out of it, say "Aitqeul", it starts with ai - artificial intelligence.
Well, the idea of Spicy Tequila was to name it after a Cocktail, since it's allowing us to make cocktails of chess engines, but Tequila alone doesn't work. I have been looking for Tequila cocktail names but none seem to serve our purposes.

However, if you want something that starts with Ai, what about removing the first letter of some cocktail to make a pun? Then the name could be Aiquiri (from Daiquiri), Aipirinha (from Caipirinha), or... Aigasm? (from the cocktail with Amaretto, Kahlua and Baileys Irish Cream).

Hmmm...
I will use Aiquiri in the next beta.
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

Ozymandias wrote:
Ferdy wrote:
PeterO wrote:What is the lates version of your: Polyglot Book Creator?

Where can I download it?

Peter
Check here.
http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... t&start=10

I stopped developing it. My new plan is to write the GUI in c# in windows, it is more prettier than python tkinter. If there are interests I may continue it.
Any of the two options sounds good (python version doesn't look particularly ugly). I know a few guys over at the MZ forum who use bin books on a regular basis, but before letting them know, I'd like to report the current functionality.

I downloaded SF 9 games from CCRL 40/40 and made a book with default parameters, selecting Andscacs white games. Then, I selected those games directly and looked at the tree. In the screenshot below, you can see side by side the information resulting from the tree, as produced by Scid vs. Mac, and the moves available in the book created by the tool:

Shouldn't Nf3 be an option?

- e4 scores 5 draws (5 points in polyglot terms)
- d4 -> 3 points
- c4 -> 3 points
- Nf3 -> 1 point

All those moves have at least 3 games, so the "normal" probability should be:

- e4 42%
- d4 25%
- c4 25%
- Nf3 8%
In the following,
I downloaded SF 9 games from CCRL 40/40 and made a book with default parameters, selecting Andscacs white games.
What do you mean by "selecting Andscacs white games."?
Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

Ferdy wrote:What do you mean by "selecting Andscacs white games."?
Player: Andscacs
White box: check
Black box: uncheck
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

Ozymandias wrote:
Ferdy wrote:What do you mean by "selecting Andscacs white games."?
Player: Andscacs
White box: check
Black box: uncheck
I have dowloaded the sf9 4cpu games from ccrl.

Code: Select all

Stockfish_9_64-bit_4CPU.commented.[1010].pgn
Set output bin file to

andscacs_white_win.bin
Set player name to

Andscacs 0.93 64-bit 4CPU
Then run the creator.

The book andscacs_white_win.bin was created but with 0KB size, meaning the pgn-extract probably did not find a won game by Andscacs based from the filter in player name and win checkbox that was set to on.
Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

Ferdy wrote:The book andscacs_white_win.bin was created but with 0KB size, meaning the pgn-extract probably did not find a won game by Andscacs based from the filter in player name and win checkbox that was set to on.
No, there's only a dozen draws. The draw box isn't checked by default? If not, check it.
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

Ozymandias wrote:
Ferdy wrote:The book andscacs_white_win.bin was created but with 0KB size, meaning the pgn-extract probably did not find a won game by Andscacs based from the filter in player name and win checkbox that was set to on.
No, there's only a dozen draws. The draw box isn't checked by default? If not, check it.
You should be clear, you said you use the default.
I downloaded SF 9 games from CCRL 40/40 and made a book with default parameters
The default is this.

Then you did not actually use default but disable the black, so this is.

I have been analyzing your problem for so long. Then now you tell me to enable the draw. Sorry I have no time for this.