Too much spamming from someone's personal game

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Nay Lin Tun

Too much spamming from someone's personal game

Post by Nay Lin Tun »

Dear mods,

As someone mentioned about "LCzero topic", I would like to mention about too much spamming by Father , every new post with his every new single game " . Regardless of fake or real, those personal records should be in one topic, such as" my games vs computer etc"
I mentioned my opinion in his topics a couple of time already.
Regards,
Nay
kasinp
Full name: Peter Kasinski

Re: Too much spamming from someone's personal game

Post by kasinp »

Nay Lin Tun wrote:Dear mods,

As someone mentioned about "LCzero topic", I would like to mention about too much spamming by Father , every new post with his every new single game " . Regardless of fake or real, those personal records should be in one topic, such as" my games vs computer etc"
Regards,
Nay
+1
Jouni

Post by Jouni »

Is Father same person as ARB :roll: ?
Jouni
Marek Soszynski

Post by Marek Soszynski »

Two is two too many "Too much..." posts.
Marek Soszynski
Kotlov

Post by Kotlov »

Nay Lin Tun wrote:Dear mods,

Regards,
Nay
Yes, but moderators are silent.
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67159

the section of forum turns into a garbage dump...
Eugene Kotlov
Hedgehog 2.1 64-bit coming soon...
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Re: Time for spamming ... 17 moves vs. WM from 1987!

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

These times many LC Zero Spam in TalkChess.
So it seems time for spamming for all the others because Moderators here without any reaction.

Deep Moderator Sleeping (with many cores).
DMS with 16threads

A red card for all the engine programmes and other people with interesting topics.

So time for myself for spamming ...

Today I saw a great game.
How we can win vs. the World Champion from 1987!

Nice game with 1min. per move.
Black king goes mate on field f3.

[pgn][Event "TMET"]
[Site "?"]
[Date "2018.04.15"]
[Round "2.1"]
[White "Millennium Chess Genius"]
[Black "Mephisto Roma II, 20MHz"]
[Result "1-0"]
[ECO "B17"]
[Annotator "Quisinsky,Frank"]
[PlyCount "33"]
[SourceDate "2018.04.15"]
[SourceVersionDate "2018.04.15"]

1. e4 c6 2. d4 d5 3. Nc3 dxe4 4. Nxe4 Nd7 {Theorie Ende} 5. Ng5 Ndf6 6. N1f3 {
Theorie Ende} h6 7. Nxf7 Kxf7 8. Ne5+ Ke8 9. Qd3 e6 10. Qg6+ Ke7 11. Qf7+ Kd6
12. Bf4 Bd7 13. Nxd7+ {Matt in 5} Kd5 14. c4+ Ke4 15. Qg6+ Kxf4 16. g3+ Kf3 17.
Ne5# 1-0[/pgn]
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

Where is this intolerance coming from? I see only one thread started by Pablo on page 1, and often I don't see him for weeks. When such threads appear, we all know what they are about, and those not interested in it can simply refrain from them, even if it is 99% of the viewers here.

If you think there is too much about a particular topic that doesn't interest you, you should first seek the blame in yourself, that you didn't post enough about topics that do interest you.

For the time being I don't think it is a good idea to have a separate section on LCZero, just as we have no separate sections on Houdini, or Stockfish. LCZero is hot now, but once it reached its ceiling, even if that is at Stockfish level or above, it will just be accepted as one of the top engines. Even if it would be the best engine with a marging, it would not keep attracting enough attention to warrant a separate section for it. We never had a separate section for Rybka, when it was dominating the rating lists. We don't have a separate section for Stockfish now. Of course in that situation LCZero would be the pimary tool for analysing posted positions, but that doesn't make them LCZero threads.

If many engines will be forthcoming all using NN technology, there still is no reason to give them a separate section. If LCZero reaches Stockfish level, another NN-based engine reaching 2500 Elo will attract just as much interest as a new alpha-beta searcher of 2500 Elo, i.e. almost none at all. If there is to be any discussion on NN technology in that situation, it will naturally move to the programming section. We never had separate sections for bitboard engines, or magic bitboards, when those topics were breakthroughs in engine technology. Like with any breakthrough, sooner or later it will be proven technology used by everyone, and not worth discussion. The engine-origins section is also hardly posted in anymore.
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi,

such topics are danger!!

Clone disucssion (Robbolite) ... for one other example.
People, do a lot in the past for our hobby, lost here interest.

Nice to see that in these times (Robbolite) much lesser new versions of interesting chess programs are available. Lesser information to interesting other topics are to read here.

I am thinking that in such a case a special forum should be open. So the main forum from TalkChess is more readable and free for the next new idea. Most of us have more as 1 core.

An other example:
We open an Arena Support Forum in times Arena are was still in development. I got more as 200 mails daily and more as 50 messages to Arena daily in our Support Forum. All that in TalkChess and the chaos is perfect. Same in times Winboard got more interest.

Tim wrote: Please not more WB engines or I must each days changed my site.

I can understand that the topic is for many people interesting. But we have other interesting topics too. And I will not lost again other interesting things around computerchess.

Furthermore, for computer chess is KI a very old topic.
The google news must come from an 18 years old discussion to KI, google have on old HDs.

For computer chess is KI each time interesting but in reality snows of yesteryear. That should be the right answer of google KI news from our site.

Best
Frank
Kotlov

Post by Kotlov »

hgm wrote: If there is to be any discussion on NN technology in that situation, it will naturally move to the programming section.
But NN not a programming.
Eugene Kotlov
Hedgehog 2.1 64-bit coming soon...
Milos

Post by Milos »

hgm wrote:Where is this intolerance coming from? I see only one thread started by Pablo on page 1, and often I don't see him for weeks. When such threads appear, we all know what they are about, and those not interested in it can simply refrain from them, even if it is 99% of the viewers here.
Seriously???
How can you be so blind and biased?
You are locking threads for not being on topic for god sake and in the same time don't see a guy spamming literally every thread with his idiotic "games".
In threads on first page there are at least 5 of those where he posts his "games" most of the time totally unrelated to thread topic or anything. It is a textbook spamming.

I seriously doubt there was ever such a crappy moderator as HGM. Plus he is making 90% of decisions on his own.
The number of complaints on your moderation HGM will soon reach triple digits, you must be really proud of that...