Too much spamming from someone's personal game

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

glennsamuel32

Re: Too much spamming from someone's personal game

Post by glennsamuel32 »

hgm wrote:Where is this intolerance coming from? I see only one thread started by Pablo on page 1, and often I don't see him for weeks. When such threads appear, we all know what they are about, and those not interested in it can simply refrain from them, even if it is 99% of the viewers here.
Completely agree with you here.
The animosity shown to Father is overwhelming.
These people who complain don't seem to realize they have the option of IGNORING posts...strange isn't it ??
Father's only fault is he's unable to properly paste his pgns in a post, which is completely understandable.

Milos, it seems like you've missed the train a long time ago.
Berating a moderator like this is low, even for you.
glennsamuel32

Post by glennsamuel32 »

One post in 20 is spam ??
Milos

Post by Milos »

glennsamuel32 wrote:Image

One post in 20 is spam ??
That is thread, not post. You should first learn this basic distinction.
Pablo is spamming other ppl's threads, this is where the complaints are coming from. He totally hijacked thread GM Andrew Tang vs Leela Chess Zero posting his irrelevant "games" with SF. He posted 3 games. How is this not textbook definition of spamming???
glennsamuel32

Post by glennsamuel32 »

That is thread, not post. You should first learn this basic distinction.
Pablo is spamming other ppl's threads, this is where the complaints are coming from. He totally hijacked thread GM Andrew Tang vs Leela Chess Zero posting his irrelevant "games" with SF. He posted 3 games. How is this not textbook definition of spamming???
Ok, it's my mistake regarding threads and posts.
Nonetheless, it's easy to understand why he posted his games there.
He showed how he was able to neutralize Stockfish (which is far stronger than lczero right now) as compared to GM Andrew...also, Father is not a GM :)
If it wasn't for his language barrier, I'm sure he would have also explained why he posted there.
Moreover, did you see the OP complaining about his posts ?
So why should you complain then?
And all this still doesn't explain your abusive behavior...
Milos

Post by Milos »

glennsamuel32 wrote:If it wasn't for his language barrier, I'm sure he would have also explained why he posted there.
Even his language barrier is fake. In the thread he was complaining (he looked seriously hurt :lol: :lol:) about Komodo cheating (because he couldn't exploit the lag) he was able to explain in perfect English how Komodo "cheated" him.
Moreover, did you see the OP complaining about his posts ?
So why should you complain then?
And all this still doesn't explain your abusive behavior...

What kind of rule is that, that only OP can complain??? Spamming is against the charter, so any forum member that sees his posts as spamming (and there are far more ppl like that, than those like you, who are playing devil's advocate) has full right to complain. You are not in a position and have no right to prevent anyone from complaining. So as you said it yourself, if you don't like ppl complaining just ignore those posts ;).
Nay Lin Tun

Post by Nay Lin Tun »

These people who complain don't seem to realize they have the option of IGNORING posts...strange isn't it ??
I dont see the option for ignoring posts! Otherwise, I wont make this thread here.
glennsamuel32

Post by glennsamuel32 »

What kind of rule is that, that only OP can complain??? Spamming is against the charter, so any forum member that sees his posts as spamming (and there are far more ppl like that, than those like you, who are playing devil's advocate) has full right to complain. You are not in a position and have no right to prevent anyone from complaining. So as you said it yourself, if you don't like ppl complaining just ignore those posts ;)
It goes further than that...
I always ignore posts and people that don't interest me.
But when someone gets as abusive as you, I won't keep quiet.
Your rants are surprisingly identical to another who was recently banned.
Maybe, rehab is, after all, a good thing :)
glennsamuel32

Post by glennsamuel32 »

Nay Lin Tun wrote:
I dont see the option for ignoring posts! Otherwise, I wont make this thread here.
Hard to imagine you don't see the scroll-wheel :)
noobpwnftw

Post by noobpwnftw »

Nay Lin Tun wrote:
I know a proverb that translates like this:

Try not to be a cavalier when you are surrounded by hypocrites.:D
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

Jouni wrote:Is Father same person as ARB :roll: ?
No.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.