Deep Blue takes the back seat

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Re: Deep Blue takes the back seat

Post by Leo »

duncan wrote:
noobpwnftw wrote: Now it is possible to build even larger systems.

So, it's just another arms race.
are the machines that can do 8 piece tablebase out yet ?
" 8-man tablebases will be 100 times larger than the size of 7-man tablebases. To fully compute them, one will need about 10 PB (10,000 TB) of disk space and 50 TB of RAM. Only the top 10 supercomputers can solve the 8-man problem in 2014. The first 1000-move mate is unlikely to be found until 2020 when a part of a TOP100 supercomputer may be allowed to be used for solving this task."
Advanced Micro Devices fan.
Father
Full name: Pablo Ignacio Restrepo

Post by Father »

Great !!!!!
I am thinking chess is in a coin.Human beings for ever playing in one face.Now I am playing in the other face:"Antichess". Computers are as a fortres where owner forgot to close a little door behind. You must enter across this door.Forget the front.
noobpwnftw

Post by noobpwnftw »

Leo wrote:
duncan wrote:

" 8-man tablebases will be 100 times larger than the size of 7-man tablebases. To fully compute them, one will need about 10 PB (10,000 TB) of disk space and 50 TB of RAM. Only the top 10 supercomputers can solve the 8-man problem in 2014. The first 1000-move mate is unlikely to be found until 2020 when a part of a TOP100 supercomputer may be allowed to be used for solving this task."
This is actually a bit exaggerated, although non-trivial, but one does not need anything remotely close to a TOP100 supercomputer to do that. All it takes to build TB is large RAM, preferably local, or with some very fast interconnects, which are available as consumer products today.
Father

I want to play against the hardware that you have published

Post by Father »

What good news Dan.

For me, it has always been a dream to play against computers that have a similar or greater veil than Deep Blue had.

That opportunity to play against a super monster, I had about ten years ago in the playroom of Palychess against a supercomputer that played against a super top grandmaster.

I will always be grateful to those who gave such a great gift that I did not deserve or deserve.

Last week I was able to play in Playchess against a computer that ran at 94,000 kilowoms per second. I am happy and grateful again with life and with the owner of such a beautiful supercomputer.

Dan. I want to play against the hardware that you have published here. If you know or can help me to fulfill that dream in the playroom of machines, I will always be grateful.

God be with you Dan,

With sincere gratitude,

Pablo
I am thinking chess is in a coin.Human beings for ever playing in one face.Now I am playing in the other face:"Antichess". Computers are as a fortres where owner forgot to close a little door behind. You must enter across this door.Forget the front.
Dann Corbit

Re: I want to play against the hardware that you have publis

Post by Dann Corbit »

I do not own any of this hardware.
I have some nice machines with multiple cores, but not like the machines on Ipman's list.
You might try contacting though the info found here:
http://www.ipmanchess.yolasite.com/contact-us.php

and ask if a game can be arranged.

I also like to play against the strongest games in the world on strong hardware.

Unlike you, I tend to get my butt kicked.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
Father

Dan, you could do anti-machine work similar to the one

Post by Father »

Dan.

The machines usually kick my buttocks.

The chess machines are cannibal and monsters eat cookies.

Dan, you could do anti-machine work similar to the one I do. I do not have a brain with superior intelligence. I am a simple stubborn, obstinate and constant donkey.

The chess machines belong to a subworld below that of animals.
..."Minerals, vegetables, animals and the human being."... Where on this scale are the chess machines?

The world has lived in the parameters of animism, theocentrism, anthropocentrism, and now we have arrived at the machine-centrism. The deity of the modern world is "the machine." To check it, it is enough to look at the crowds swirling around the phone lines at the time of the sale of their most modern equipment.

I love to fight against idolatry, against machines. I love being a marabalist who walks the tightrope next to a supercomputer that walks the tightrope of the clock, the minute hand and the seconds hand, I love to make the chess computer fall into the web of relentless time, and I love to go crazy the computer chess algorithms. In the battle of men against machines.

Against the algorithm of computer chess, the algorithm of the human brain of anti-chess is played... Right now I am designing the anti-machine game system against the artificial intelligence. The battle system is called "human anti-intelligence sistem."

Best regards,

Pablo
Dann Corbit

Re: Dan, you could do anti-machine work similar to the one

Post by Dann Corbit »

I have a stubborn streak, and I don't want to build long pawn chains and other anti-computer tricks.

Furthermore, I want to win playing the Orangutan. And not the slide backwards trick into the Orangutan either. I want to start with 1.b4

Not good enough, either to win on one of my weaker machines. I want to beat Ezekiel.

On a rare occasion, I have got into a good position. But I am one of those guys who makes tactical oversights a lot.

But maybe after a million tries, I will win one before I die.
On the positive side, playing against computers has clearly strengthened my game a lot.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
Father

Re: Dan, you could do anti-machine work similar to the one

Post by Father »

Dan. That action of playing machines is good, not bad. Many time playing engines, is much better than use a.lot of time doing bad thinks.for our spirit. Play chess is like write poems, or like solve math problems. Tactics ways are wonderful ways.Good luck in.your battles and dreams.

Best,
Pablo
duncan

Post by duncan »

noobpwnftw wrote:
Leo wrote:
duncan wrote:

This is actually a bit exaggerated, although non-trivial, but one does not need anything remotely close to a TOP100 supercomputer to do that. All it takes to build TB is large RAM, preferably local, or with some very fast interconnects, which are available as consumer products today.
how much ram and how much disk space ?
duncan

Post by duncan »

Leo wrote: To fully compute them, one will need about 10 PB (10,000 TB) of disk space and 50 TB of RAM.
10 pb seems a lot. I assumed it would be less than 1