Search found 6073 matches

by Uri Blass
Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:21 am
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: Creating chess variants on the spot
Replies: 57
Views: 3616

Re: Creating chess variants on the spot

Here is another idea. pieces move like in chess but they can be replaced by another piece with some probability after they move except king(let say probability 0.1) In this case in the following b7 is mate only with probability of 95% and stalemate with probability of 5% because in 10% of the cases ...
by Uri Blass
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:40 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: how will Leela fare at the WCCC?
Replies: 174
Views: 8104

Re: how will Leela fare at the WCCC?

if there was no book, it seems to me leela did awfully well in the opening. What do you think of as "awfully well"? The Leela guys seem to be making the opposite claim. e.g. "Leela was handicapped by being -3 out of every opening" (not a real quote). Who said that? That's not really true, Leela doe...
by Uri Blass
Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:33 am
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: SF groaned and moaned to find a mate in 10 on a sparse board.
Replies: 8
Views: 359

Re: SF groaned and moaned to find a mate in 10 on a sparse board.

Takes SF 64 plies to find this mate in 10. About four and a half minutes with 11 threads. Of course, due to SMP variance, I would expect other solution times to differ a lot. Searching: 2N5/p7/P7/8/1KPp1p1p/3p1Bpp/3P2rq/R5bk w - - 0 1 infinite: 0 time: 0 increment: 0 moves to go: 0 1 +0.00 00:00 93...
by Uri Blass
Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:20 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: Creating chess variants on the spot
Replies: 57
Views: 3616

Re: Creating chess variants on the spot

I thought about directed pieces(do not know if it is a new idea) For example a directed queen means that the side with it can choose an initial direction and reveal it to the opponent when the queen can move only in this direction in the first move of it. After the directed queen moves she choose im...
by Uri Blass
Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:08 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: Extremely long forced mate from S11 Stockfish vs Chiron match
Replies: 14
Views: 647

Re: Extremely long forced mate from S11 Stockfish vs Chiron match

The following position comes from the final adjudicated position of one of the Stockfish vs Chiron matches in S11 for TCEC. 2q3k1/1p3prb/p1p2b2/P1P1nP2/1P2R3/7Q/2B2P2/2B2K1R w - - 1 50 Here Ethereal resolves the line, with the following output, after nearly 24 hours of search, and 4 TRILLION nodes ...
by Uri Blass
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:49 am
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: Extremely long forced mate from S11 Stockfish vs Chiron match
Replies: 14
Views: 647

Re: Extremely long forced mate from S11 Stockfish vs Chiron match

Booot after more time claim mate in 16 FEN: 2q3k1/1p3prb/p1p2b2/P1P1nP2/1P2R3/7Q/2B2P2/2B2K1R w - - 1 50 Booot6: 42 1:14:39 10,495,408k 2,343k +M18 50.Rd4 Nc4 51.Rxc4 Qd7 52.Rg4 Kf8 53.Rxg7 Bxg7 54.Bh6 Qd4 55.f6 Qxf6 56.Qc8+ Ke7 57.Bxg7 Bd3+ 58.Bxd3 Qxg7 59.Qxb7+ Kf8 60.Qb8+ Ke7 61.Qd6+ Ke8 62.Rh7 Q...
by Uri Blass
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:07 am
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: Extremely long forced mate from S11 Stockfish vs Chiron match
Replies: 14
Views: 647

Re: Extremely long forced mate from S11 Stockfish vs Chiron match

Thank you for the thorough analysis. I'm surprised that Ethereal got stuck at M32, and could not resolve down to a faster one. I gave it a few depths after the first mate. Also, were you using table bases here? I was not. I did not use tablebases. I tried also Booot that needed less nodes relative ...
by Uri Blass
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:54 am
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: Extremely long forced mate from S11 Stockfish vs Chiron match
Replies: 14
Views: 647

Re: Extremely long forced mate from S11 Stockfish vs Chiron match

with more time stockfish see mate in 19 34/54 48:57 15,251,119k 5,192k +M19 50.Rd4 Qe8 51.Bh6 Nf3 52.Bxg7 Bxg7 53.Qxh7+ Kf8 54.Rd6 Qe7 55.f6 Bxf6 56.Qh6+ Bg7 57.Qh3 Qe1+ 58.Kg2 Qe8 59.Qxf3 Qe5 60.Rd8+ Ke7 61.Rhd1 Qg5+ 62.Kf1 Bd4 63.R1xd4 Qc1+ 64.Rd1 f5 65.Qxf5 Qxd1+ 66.Rxd1 Ke8 67.Qf6 b6 68.Bg6+ 35/...
by Uri Blass
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:43 am
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: Extremely long forced mate from S11 Stockfish vs Chiron match
Replies: 14
Views: 647

Re: Extremely long forced mate from S11 Stockfish vs Chiron match

The following position comes from the final adjudicated position of one of the Stockfish vs Chiron matches in S11 for TCEC. 2q3k1/1p3prb/p1p2b2/P1P1nP2/1P2R3/7Q/2B2P2/2B2K1R w - - 1 50 Here Ethereal resolves the line, with the following output, after nearly 24 hours of search, and 4 TRILLION nodes ...
by Uri Blass
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:45 am
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: how will Leela fare at the WCCC?
Replies: 174
Views: 8104

Re: how will Leela fare at the WCCC?

K+B vs K is a draw by the rules of chess even if one side lose on time because there is no way one side can help the second site to make checkmate. It is not the same for KRP vs KBP Except that you are thinking that Leela trades R for B, instead he can trade R for P. The operator could have played ...