Search found 557 matches

by dkappe
Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:01 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: Ethereal Pawn-King NN
Replies: 38
Views: 8768

Re: Ethereal Pawn-King NN

Simply adding the NN output to the static eval looks too primitive to me... I'd be convinced if the NN output a king-pawn-configuration-dependent PST or even a whole set of eval constants to be then plugged into the static eval. Primitive was the objective. Maintain the uniqueness of the evaluation...
by dkappe
Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:46 am
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: New engine: a0lite
Replies: 30
Views: 7675

Re: New engine: a0lite

Tony P. wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:13 pm
dkappe wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:35 pm
On to a julia version.
Awesome, thanks! Just in case, Tord Romstad has changed the license of his Chess.jl to MIT this month :)
Good news.
by dkappe
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:30 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: Asking to people who believe Leela NN is a book, what they think about SF NN now?
Replies: 86
Views: 10666

Re: Asking to people who believe Leela NN is a book, what they think about SF NN now?

Somehow a leela style net that never saw positions with more than 18 pieces was able to “memorize” opening moves. Yet somehow people arguing this tired old argument are unable to memorize this refutation. :D You my friend have a conflict with a basic logic. The "fact" that the net with 18 pieces ca...
by dkappe
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:18 am
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: Asking to people who believe Leela NN is a book, what they think about SF NN now?
Replies: 86
Views: 10666

Re: Asking to people who believe Leela NN is a book, what they think about SF NN now?

Somehow a leela style net that never saw positions with more than 18 pieces was able to “memorize” opening moves. Yet somehow people arguing this tired old argument are unable to memorize this refutation. :D You my friend have a conflict with a basic logic. The "fact" that the net with 18 pieces ca...
by dkappe
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:56 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: Asking to people who believe Leela NN is a book, what they think about SF NN now?
Replies: 86
Views: 10666

Re: Asking to people who believe Leela NN is a book, what they think about SF NN now?

jhellis3 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:49 pm
Lol? WTF?

Well, you did make me laugh anyway.... I'll give you that.
It seems that basic set theory reasoning and ad hominem are the only places you can detect a fallacy, so you shoehorn everything into them, whether it fits or not. :lol:
by dkappe
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:48 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: Asking to people who believe Leela NN is a book, what they think about SF NN now?
Replies: 86
Views: 10666

Re: Asking to people who believe Leela NN is a book, what they think about SF NN now?

You remind me of that guy who prattles on and on about Hopfield networks, believing that just because they have “neural network” in their name, they have anything to do with ResNets. You *are* the Hopfield Networks guy . :lol: :lol: Perfectly fine. I was attacking your knowledge and understanding, ...
by dkappe
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:36 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: Asking to people who believe Leela NN is a book, what they think about SF NN now?
Replies: 86
Views: 10666

Re: Asking to people who believe Leela NN is a book, what they think about SF NN now?

jhellis3 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:32 pm
You feel that associating someone with Hopfield Networks is an ad hominem attack?
I never said that either. What strawman number is this, I have lost count....
Go back and read your own posts. We are done here.
by dkappe
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:30 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: Asking to people who believe Leela NN is a book, what they think about SF NN now?
Replies: 86
Views: 10666

Re: Asking to people who believe Leela NN is a book, what they think about SF NN now?

You *are* the Hopfield Networks guy. :lol: :lol: Another ad hominem. This is strange behavior for someone embarrassing themselves, but whatever.... I think we are done here. You feel that associating someone with Hopfield Networks is an ad hominem attack? I wonder what other mathematical, statistic...
by dkappe
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:21 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: Asking to people who believe Leela NN is a book, what they think about SF NN now?
Replies: 86
Views: 10666

Re: Asking to people who believe Leela NN is a book, what they think about SF NN now?

Oh, and btw... I actually did outline a way to test if opening knowledge was in the NNs in the google groups post I made many moons ago. A pity nobody seems to have read it. On the other hand, one could just take away any features which the NN might use in this regard (*cough* history *cough*), and...
by dkappe
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:19 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: Asking to people who believe Leela NN is a book, what they think about SF NN now?
Replies: 86
Views: 10666

Re: Asking to people who believe Leela NN is a book, what they think about SF NN now?

jhellis3 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:15 pm
What hypothesis? I eagerly await your strawman.
That leela networks are a book. Is that not the topic of this thread and of your oh so well reasoned broadsides?