Search found 1062 matches

by George Tsavdaris
Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:49 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: upcoming events (more?)
Replies: 22
Views: 7244

Re: upcoming events (more?)

Mike S. wrote:July 5th-8th:
:arrow: Larry Kaufman's Rybka vs GM Jaan Ehlvest - the Rematch
http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... d=794;pg=1
I thought Rybka finally will play against Joel Benjamin. What has changed?
Or this was not supposed to happen anyway and i thought this incorrectly?
by George Tsavdaris
Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:48 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: upcoming events (more?)
Replies: 22
Views: 7244

Re: upcoming events (more?)

Tord Romstad wrote:I'm a bit disappointed that nobody seems to care about the OPCCC next weekend. Details can be found on the ICGA web site.
Can you say what is OPCCC? I couldn't find it in the page you gave?
What OPCCC stand for?
by George Tsavdaris
Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:28 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: If Vas were to retire today?
Replies: 15
Views: 5648

Re: If Vas were to retire today?

Hello George, I like your Avatar. Can you tell me how to do that or at least refer me to some instructions somewhere? Thanks, Jim I took a picture of a 3D board from Chessmaster 9000 or Deep Fritz 8 GUI, found a suitable Bush and pineapple picture and then with paint-shop-pro(photoshop does the job...
by George Tsavdaris
Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:23 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: If Vas were to retire today?
Replies: 15
Views: 5648

Re: If Vas were to retire today?

Can't come up of any other programmer than Vas himself, that could do that. In my opinion it would be money well earned. Who else than a programmer who created Rybka, might also create one even stronger than her. That logic can't stand. Many years before it was not Rybka, the strongest engine. For ...
by George Tsavdaris
Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:30 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: If Vas were to retire today?
Replies: 15
Views: 5648

Re: If Vas were to retire today?

If Vas was to retire from Rybka development today, and only opening book and tablebase improvement continued for Rybka, then how long would it take for a program to replace Rybka from the top of the rating list? It depends on the motive the other team will have to create an engine stronger than the...
by George Tsavdaris
Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:01 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: WCCC 2007: My predictions for the last rounds
Replies: 4
Views: 2400

Re: WCCC 2007: My predictions for the last rounds

Peter Skinner wrote: This is of course based on these final 3 round predictions:

Code: Select all

Round 9
!  1 Shredder   1:0    micro-Max  ￾
!  2 The King   0:1    GridChess     
!  3 Rybka      1:0    Diep      
!  4 Zappa     .5:.5   Deep Sjeng
-  5 Loop       1:0    The Baron
!  Jonny   .  5:.5   IsiChess

Round 10
? 1 micro-Max  0:1	IsiChess
! 2 The Baron  1:0	Jonny
- 3 Deep Sjeng 1:0	Loop
! 4 Diep           0:1    Zappa
- 5 GridChess .5:.5	Rybka
! 6 Shredder   1:0    The King

9/12.
Seems good but actually it's not so much, since at least 5-6 matches were too easy to predict. :roll:
by George Tsavdaris
Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:50 am
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: diep's inferior evaluation
Replies: 24
Views: 9289

Re: Blass's inferior posting

The question rises: What is the reason off Blass's inferior posting :?: Comparing DIEP with Toga/Fruit is just a joke. These are completely different engines. Toga/Fruit lives from his search and well tuned tiny evaluation. DIEP lives from his very big chess knowledge which is not tuned. And yet To...
by George Tsavdaris
Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:46 am
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: diep's inferior evaluation
Replies: 24
Views: 9289

Re: Blass's inferior posting

Hi, As a result of this, in crucial (tactical) positions Diep reached only 9 ~ 10 ply. So it was not able to reach a sufficiently deep level of search in the tree and lost because it did not see "a tacticall joke". The question rises: What is the reason off Blass's inferior posting :?: To show that...
by George Tsavdaris
Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:20 pm
Forum: Computer Chess Club: General Topics
Topic: will Shredder be able to strike back in amsterdam ?
Replies: 20
Views: 8396

Re: will Shredder be able to strike back in amsterdam ?

Harvey Williamson wrote:
George Tsavdaris wrote:Why no Hiarcs there?
The short notice of the event was the main factor. Mark and I are unable to attend. If we use an operator then the entry fee is doubled to 1000 Euros.
The total cost to play would be about 3000 Euros.
1000 €? 3000 € to play ????
WOW! This is insane.... :shock: