Kasparov vs Karpov in Lyon 1990

Traditional chess games and chess topics in general

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

reflectionofpower

Kasparov vs Karpov in Lyon 1990

Post by reflectionofpower »

I have watched this before but I am watching it again. It's a little skippy in the beginning as he copied it off a VHS band but it gets better into the video.

It's 2:45:45 long but it goes by fast as it is very informative. You get footage of the championship plus you get personal commentaries from Kasparov & Karpov on critical moves during the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVcpelqT_Dw
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
Sean Evans

Re: Kasparov vs Karpov in Lyon 1990

Post by Sean Evans »

Hello Lonnie, you do know that the video was published on May 6, 2012, i.e. three-years ago :?
reflectionofpower

Re: Kasparov vs Karpov in Lyon 1990

Post by reflectionofpower »

Sean Evans wrote:Hello Lonnie, you do know that the video was published on May 6, 2012, i.e. three-years ago :?
AND? I know it's not brand new. I am just alerting people. I just saw a video of Chris Pratt going with a commentator asking people and showing people that this person is a famous movie star, "who is he" out of the number of people that he asked, ONLY 1 person knew out of all the people he asked. MOST people in my experience do not pay attention to the little things. Thy are all consumed about punching the time clock, looking at their mobile phone and I have noticed most people can not even hold a conversation or wish to continue one.
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie