Saint Louis Fischer Random match

Traditional chess games and chess topics in general

Moderators: fern, Dan Honeycutt, Sam Hull

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply
Dirt
Posts: 2851
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:01 pm
Location: Irvine, CA, USA

Saint Louis Fischer Random match

Post by Dirt » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:38 pm

There was an interesting Fischer Random match in Saint Louis. Hikaru showed his class, and Yifan killed in it. I wish there were more such matches, but most amateurs don't seem to like it.
Deasil is the right way to go.

Look
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:14 pm
Location: Iran
Full name: Mehdi Amini
Contact:

Re: Saint Louis Fischer Random match

Post by Look » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:18 am

Dirt wrote:There was an interesting Fischer Random match in Saint Louis. Hikaru showed his class, and Yifan killed in it. I wish there were more such matches, but most amateurs don't seem to like it.
Nowadays I almost exclusively play Fischer random chess (Chess 960) on the internet.

User avatar
AdminX
Posts: 5287
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: Acworth, GA
Contact:

Re: Saint Louis Fischer Random match

Post by AdminX » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:34 am

Look wrote:
Dirt wrote:There was an interesting Fischer Random match in Saint Louis. Hikaru showed his class, and Yifan killed in it. I wish there were more such matches, but most amateurs don't seem to like it.
Nowadays I almost exclusively play Fischer random chess (Chess 960) on the internet.
I have not really tried it yet. What are your opinions of it? How does castling work?
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
__________________________________________________________________
Ted Summers

Look
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:14 pm
Location: Iran
Full name: Mehdi Amini
Contact:

Re: Saint Louis Fischer Random match

Post by Look » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:45 pm

AdminX wrote:
Look wrote:
Dirt wrote:There was an interesting Fischer Random match in Saint Louis. Hikaru showed his class, and Yifan killed in it. I wish there were more such matches, but most amateurs don't seem to like it.
Nowadays I almost exclusively play Fischer random chess (Chess 960) on the internet.
I have not really tried it yet. What are your opinions of it? How does castling work?
First of all, you do not have to memorize so many opening lines. You can open the game, by knowing the opening concepts.

As for castling, I found these two links:

https://support.chess.com/customer/port ... s960-game-
http://chess960.net/how-to-play

Just remember that when you want to castle and you can, in ChessOK software, you take the king and move it on the rook, then leave the king.

whereagles
Posts: 561
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:03 am

Re: Saint Louis Fischer Random match

Post by whereagles » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:55 am

We need to get some FRC support in this site :)

Castlng is cool. Sometimes your castling is like... 0-0-0-0-0 :D

Post Reply