Saint Louis Fischer Random match

Traditional chess games and chess topics in general

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dirt

Saint Louis Fischer Random match

Post by Dirt »

There was an interesting Fischer Random match in Saint Louis. Hikaru showed his class, and Yifan killed in it. I wish there were more such matches, but most amateurs don't seem to like it.
Deasil is the right way to go.
Look
Full name: Mehdi Amini

Re: Saint Louis Fischer Random match

Post by Look »

Dirt wrote:There was an interesting Fischer Random match in Saint Louis. Hikaru showed his class, and Yifan killed in it. I wish there were more such matches, but most amateurs don't seem to like it.
Nowadays I almost exclusively play Fischer random chess (Chess 960) on the internet.
Farewell.
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

Look wrote:
Dirt wrote:There was an interesting Fischer Random match in Saint Louis. Hikaru showed his class, and Yifan killed in it. I wish there were more such matches, but most amateurs don't seem to like it.
Nowadays I almost exclusively play Fischer random chess (Chess 960) on the internet.
I have not really tried it yet. What are your opinions of it? How does castling work?
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
Full name: Mehdi Amini

Post by Look »

AdminX wrote:
Look wrote:
I have not really tried it yet. What are your opinions of it? How does castling work?
First of all, you do not have to memorize so many opening lines. You can open the game, by knowing the opening concepts.

As for castling, I found these two links:

https://support.chess.com/customer/port ... s960-game-
http://chess960.net/how-to-play

Just remember that when you want to castle and you can, in ChessOK software, you take the king and move it on the rook, then leave the king.
Farewell.
whereagles

Post by whereagles »

We need to get some FRC support in this site :)

Castlng is cool. Sometimes your castling is like... 0-0-0-0-0 :D