sharing my tactics training tool

Traditional chess games and chess topics in general

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Tommah
Full name: Tom Plick

sharing my tactics training tool

Post by Tommah »

I want to share with you a tactics training tool that I have developed over the past year. I call it the "checkmate trainer." You can find it here: https://new.amecy.com/main/checkmate . You don't have to sign up on the site to use it, but if you do sign up, your progress will be saved for 30 days. (If you don't create an account, your progress is erased when you close the page.)

The use of the tool is hopefully self-explanatory. The problems are all mate-in-X problems, and the page tells you whether you are on the right track or not. If you make a wrong move, the page lets you keep playing to see why it was wrong. There are currently around 150 problems; I periodically add more in small batches. You can go through the problems in order, or you can do a random problem each time.

If there is enough interest, I want to sell some sort of "premium membership" for $5 or so per year. Let me know if you would be interested in something like that. The premium features would include saving your progress forever, letting you enter custom positions, and a few more things that I haven't thought of yet.