Arena1.99beta4 was out a few days ago

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Karmazen & Oliver

Re: Arena1.99beta4 was out a few days ago

Post by Karmazen & Oliver »

Graham Banks wrote: the best two I've found are Harry's mainbook and Mike's Xmas2640 book.

Regards, Graham.
hi,

where is it ?
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Karmazen & Oliver wrote:
Graham Banks wrote: the best two I've found are Harry's mainbook and Mike's Xmas2640 book.

Regards, Graham.
hi,

where is it ?
Harry's mainbook is now called HS-Book.abk and can be found through the following link:
http://perso.orange.fr/lefouduroi/hs-books.htm

I can't find a link to Mike's Xmas2640.abk, but I'm happy to email it to you if you message me your email address.

Regards, Graham.
Karmazen & Oliver

Post by Karmazen & Oliver »

Graham Banks wrote:
Karmazen & Oliver wrote:

Regards, Graham.
hi,

where is it ?
Harry's mainbook is now called HS-Book.abk and can be found through the following link:
http://perso.orange.fr/lefouduroi/hs-books.htm

I can't find a link to Mike's Xmas2640.abk, but I'm happy to email it to you if you message me your email address.

Regards, Graham.
oh... thanks you ... I´m have ONE of this book now ( download very fast)

I send you. bye.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Graham Banks wrote:
nuff wrote: It would be handy if Martin could make Arena compatible with CTG books as its a pain to have weak abk books when the strong opening books are in CTG format.
Hi John,

are you talking about engines using their own books or using a general abk book for all?

If you're suggesting using a general abk book for all engines, the best two I've found are Harry's mainbook and Mike's Xmas2640 book.

Regards, Graham.
You're talking about the available downloadable books Graham,but don't be so sure that these are the best books,things change with time going on you know 8-)
Dr.Wael Deeb
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
nuff wrote: It would be handy if Martin could make Arena compatible with CTG books as its a pain to have weak abk books when the strong opening books are in CTG format.
Hi John,

are you talking about engines using their own books or using a general abk book for all?

If you're suggesting using a general abk book for all engines, the best two I've found are Harry's mainbook and Mike's Xmas2640 book.

Regards, Graham.
You're talking about the available downloadable books Graham,but don't be so sure that these are the best books,things change with time going on you know 8-)
Dr.Wael Deeb
You're right of course.
However, those two books are in my opinion currently the most fair for running tournaments or matches where all engines use the same generic book.

Regards, Graham.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Yes,they are well balanced and offer a stable positions for testing the engines when used as generic books,agree.....
Cheers,
Dr.Wael Deeb
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
nuff

Post by nuff »

Can someone test their new Arena1.99 beta 4 and see whether they can paste fen's from the clipboard? I just tried it with the same fen and it works on Arena 1.1 but not the new beta.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

nuff wrote:Can someone test their new Arena1.99 beta 4 and see whether they can paste fen's from the clipboard? I just tried it with the same fen and it works on Arena 1.1 but not the new beta.
Hi John,

there are quite a few bug reports on the Arena forum about the latest beta, although I've not read them, so I'm not sure if this has been reported there.

Regards, Graham.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

nuff wrote:Can someone test their new Arena1.99 beta 4 and see whether they can paste fen's from the clipboard? I just tried it with the same fen and it works on Arena 1.1 but not the new beta.

defintitely broken , you can paste into 1.1 , export as pgn into clipboard and then paste in Arena 1.99beta4 as pgn , if that helps.
gerold

Post by gerold »

MikeB wrote:

defintitely broken , you can paste into 1.1 , export as pgn into clipboard and then paste in Arena 1.99beta4 as pgn , if that helps.
Thanks Michael.

Gerold.