Collector's Corner..Grudge Match Tiebreaker This Sunday

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Steve B

Collector's Corner..Grudge Match Tiebreaker This Sunday

Post by Steve B »

The Third and final game of the Grudge match between the Resurrection-Fruit05 vs .Hiarcs3 will take place this Sunday at 5AM(US EST)

with the score deadlocked at 1-1 anything can happen
the game can be viewed live on the Playchess Server in the ENGINE room
follow HICARCSX

given the recent disharmony amongst the good members here this week ..added to the fact that is will be Easter Sunday.. i imagine the turnout will be anemic at best and security will be tight

this means however that front row seats are still available

the Winner of the match will be declared the best and strongest chess computer (or PC Engine) ever released for sale
with the winner doing the declaring
in the event of a draw ...Co-TITLES will be awarded with member Jon from Australia providing TWO trophies

Sunday Bloody Sunday Regards
Steve
Spock

Re: Collector's Corner..Grudge Match Tiebreaker This Sunday

Post by Spock »

I will try and follow this Steve !! :)

Thanks again to you and Harvey for these really interesting matches.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Spock wrote:I will try and follow this Steve !! :)

Thanks again to you and Harvey for these really interesting matches.
GLAD to hear you will try and make it Ray!
:D

the usual Paypal payment is already on the way Regards
Steve
JonP01

Post by JonP01 »

Steve B wrote:Co-TITLES will be awarded with member Jon from Australia providing TWO trophies
Now that I have finished re-soldering every flippin' LED on my newly acquired Fidelity Excellence, I can be there :)

I should point out that I can only afford one trophy. So if it is a drawer, then I was going to recycle my (very) Long Service award from the company I used to work for. Should keep both of us happy - it has a wooden base and a plastic monolith on the top :D Actually, maybe I can save even more money. Steve can have the wood base and Harvey can have the plastic bit ;) I need to spend the trophy money on replacement feet for my Excellence.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

JonP01 wrote:
Steve B wrote:Co-TITLES will be awarded with member Jon from Australia providing TWO trophies
Now that I have finished re-soldering every flippin' LED on my newly acquired Fidelity Excellence, I can be there :)

I should point out that I can only afford one trophy. So if it is a drawer, then I was going to recycle my (very) Long Service award from the company I used to work for. Should keep both of us happy - it has a wooden base and a plastic monolith on the top :D Actually, maybe I can save even more money. Steve can have the wood base and Harvey can have the plastic bit ;) I need to spend the trophy money on replacement feet for my Excellence.
Glad you will try to make it Jon
i need as many witnesses as i can get for this HISTORY making Event should i win

i mean i think its fair to say..that NEVER before in the long history of computer chess has Hiarcs 3 lost to the Resurrection in a match...ever

by the same token..if Res is losing its OK to just leave and make believe you just lost the internet connection

Covering every angle regards
Steve
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

The Final game begins in 1 hour
Playchess..Engine Room
follow ...HIARCSX

Lets Rock Regards
Steve
Alainza

Post by Alainza »

Hi Steve,

I'll be watching the match, but silently :
"Serial number or rank 'knight' required for chat"

Muted regards,
Alain
JonP01

Post by JonP01 »

Alainza wrote:Hi Steve,

I'll be watching the match, but silently :
"Serial number or rank 'knight' required for chat"

Muted regards,
Alain
Ah. Alain, I wondered why you were so quiet. I thought perhaps you had your head down and were analysing with all the concentration of a Super GM ;)
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

My thanks to Steve and Harvey for another interesting game! I was particulary impressed by the 14 year old Hallsworth opening book still proving it's worth and the tenacious way Fruit hung on in there :D

Special respect has to go to Steve for getting up at 5am on Easter Sunday, no man hath greater love for dedicated computer chess!

Too many easter eggs regards

Paul
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Wardy wrote:My thanks to Steve and Harvey for another interesting game! I was particulary impressed by the 14 year old Hallsworth opening book still proving it's worth and the tenacious way Fruit hung on in there :D

Special respect has to go to Steve for getting up at 5am on Easter Sunday, no man hath greater love for dedicated computer chess!

Too many easter eggs regards

Paul
Thanks for the kind words Paul and for watching the game
its not so easy for a man my age to wake up THREE weekends in a row at 5AM!

i am not a young man like ALL of the Team Hiarcs Members
(ok ok.. i guess Hallsworth is no Spring Chicken Either)

:wink: Regards
Steve