Good test......Dedicated and portables only..!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Terry McCracken

Re: Good test......Dedicated and portables only..!

Post by Terry McCracken »

Steve B wrote:perhaps but i think what happened here is far less technical then all of that

when i set up a position i stare at the computer the entire time until the intended move is shown....here i think Rob the Master Puzzler probably set up the position on the Scorpio then after about 10-15 minutes and not yet seeing the correct move ,and after a long hard day of position solving..dozed off and when he awoke..25 minutes had elapsed and the move in the Scorpio's display was the intended Rxf6

You may be right,,, :wink:

Retrograde Analysis Regards
Steve
PS..I see i am the only one that replied to this thread with a dedicated chess computer
i am wondering..what exactly about the thread title "Dedicated and portables only..!..does everyone not understand ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

If the timings are that different, either the change is with the software or hardware.
one should never forget that NOVAG and Fidelity computers have a learning file library on board.

if you setup the position once its ok, but if you give it a second try, it could be the machine has this position in the learning file and comes with a FASTER solution.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

mclane wrote:
If the timings are that different, either the change is with the software or hardware.
one should never forget that NOVAG and Fidelity computers have a learning file library on board.

if you setup the position once its ok, but if you give it a second try, it could be the machine has this position in the learning file and comes with a FASTER solution.
excellent point!
but in my case i only set up the position once

Steve
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

mclane wrote:

Only some of them do and I believe they are all Fidelity units, in wooden housings.

The learning feature at the time was mostly a gimmick, and it couldn't have any bearing in a position setup!
rightrook

Post by rightrook »

>>>here i think Rob the Master Puzzler probably set up the position on the Scorpio then after about 10-15 minutes and not yet seeing the correct move ,and after a long hard day of position solving..dozed off and when he awoke..25 minutes had elapsed <<<

This could well be true.... :lol:

If I still had my Novag Scorpio, i would retest if to make sure... :roll:

Best Regards

Robert
Robert Weck

Post by Robert Weck »

Hi Terry,
Terry McCracken wrote:There are differences between the Excel Mach III Master and the Designer Mach III Master, both in plastic btw.

Test them and you'll see I'm right.
you're right, but the Designer version was released two years after the Mach III; so they had enough time to modify the program. Scorpio and Diablo were released at the same time.

But it could be possible, that there exist more than one version for Diablo/Scorpio...

Robert