No plastic protections to leds in my Chessmaster Diamond.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply
Georg Langrath

No plastic protections to leds in my Chessmaster Diamond.

Post by Georg Langrath » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:35 pm

This is about dedicated, but as I am no Collector it feels pretentious to headline it Collector's Corner :) Have hard are you on that Steve?

On my Chessmaster Diamond there are small plastic caps on leds to protect them or perhaps most of cosmetic reasons. Most of them have got lost. They are very bad tightened.
Anybody else that has got that problem, and found any substitutes to put on to shelter leds?

Georg

Steve B

Re: No plastic protections to leds in my Chessmaster Diamond

Post by Steve B » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:52 pm

Georg Langrath wrote:This is about dedicated, but as I am no Collector it feels pretentious to headline it Collector's Corner :) Have hard are you on that Steve?

On my Chessmaster Diamond there are small plastic caps on leds to protect them or perhaps most of cosmetic reasons. Most of them have got lost. They are very bad tightened.
Anybody else that has got that problem, and found any substitutes to put on to shelter leds?

Georg
while i cannot say i have this problem on my RFT Chessmaster OR Chessmaster Diamond Georg, I can answer your first question about Collectors Corner..

of course your question would have been welcome in the CC(Collector's Corner)
ANY topic discussing Dedicated Chess Computers is always welcome and one does not have to be a Collector to make a post in it

Sadly However i do notice as of late .that many here are not using the now World Famous Title of Collector's Corner in their posts about the old computers
many collectors have died and freely given of their very lives all so that future collectors can be at peace to post here under the protective cover of the Collectors Corner

instead there are those who have no sense of history or legend and simply post under no protective covering at all and with no respect for those that have gone before them

as a result i think its time to Close the Collectors Corner and let each member fend for themselves in the very cold harsh and cruel environment

Forefathers Regards
Steve

Robert Weck
Posts: 519
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:19 am

Re: No plastic protections to leds in my Chessmaster Diamond

Post by Robert Weck » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:36 am

Steve B wrote:
Georg Langrath wrote:This is about dedicated, but as I am no Collector it feels pretentious to headline it Collector's Corner :) Have hard are you on that Steve?

On my Chessmaster Diamond there are small plastic caps on leds to protect them or perhaps most of cosmetic reasons. Most of them have got lost. They are very bad tightened.
Anybody else that has got that problem, and found any substitutes to put on to shelter leds?

Georg
The same here; my CM Diamond is missing about 3 or 4 of them!
while i cannot say i have this problem on my RFT Chessmaster OR Chessmaster Diamond
So i assume, you never turned your CMs upside down? :wink:

These caps are very loose...


Robert

Steve B

Re: No plastic protections to leds in my Chessmaster Diamond

Post by Steve B » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:23 am

Robert Weck wrote:
Steve B wrote:
Georg Langrath wrote:This is about dedicated, but as I am no Collector it feels pretentious to headline it Collector's Corner :) Have hard are you on that Steve?

On my Chessmaster Diamond there are small plastic caps on leds to protect them or perhaps most of cosmetic reasons. Most of them have got lost. They are very bad tightened.
Anybody else that has got that problem, and found any substitutes to put on to shelter leds?

Georg
The same here; my CM Diamond is missing about 3 or 4 of them!
while i cannot say i have this problem on my RFT Chessmaster OR Chessmaster Diamond
So i assume, you never turned your CMs upside down? :wink:

These caps are very loose...


Robert
i guess i am just lucky to have tight RFT caps

but for my Fidelity EAG's ..i am always loosing the little black button caps..and without those caps the button are very pointed and sharp like a knife and can cause deadly injury to the owner/operator!

Delicate Regards
Steve

Post Reply