Clash Of The Titans...

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Alainza

Re: Clash Of The Titans...

Post by Alainza »

Hi Harvey,
Harvey Williamson wrote: If all these matches have done is make you buy another Fritz to watch our games then I suspect I have failed - why not buy H10 - if you need a serial number?
well, I first wanted to buy Hiarcs... but I hesitated when I saw that it ran under F9's UI which I already have and I delayed the decision.

But today I simply saw F10 in a computer store and bought it without special reflection. Unfortunately, you never see Hiarcs in stores except may be for two chess dedicated stores in Paris. In fact, Chessmaster must be the only chess program that you can find in shops outside of Paris's neighborhood.

Best regards,
Alain
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Alainza wrote:Hi Steve,
Steve B wrote:i had to cancel the game because my home got its basement flooded thanks to yesterdays Epic NorEaster that hit the East Coast
I hope that the water did not do too much damage ! Here we have a summer time :?
Game 1 has been rescheduled for Tomorrow Morning between 5AM-6 AM
I won't be able to attend this event...

By the way, Steve, do you know that you helped chessbase sell another Fritz ? :lol:
As I don't play online, I did not want to buy a playchess pass... but because of my frustration during the Hiarcs-Resurrection game, I bought Fritz 10 today and I hope I'll be able to chat the next time I watch one of your famous challenges :wink:

OK, just to preserve the right balance between programs and dedicated machines :roll: I also signed for a Renaissance Sparc today...

Preparing for Paris 2007 regards,
Alain
If all these matches have done is make you buy another Fritz to watch our games then I suspect I have failed - why not buy H10 - if you need a serial number?

Feeling I need to break my silence regards,

Harvey
well if my flooded basement is what it took to make you break your Strict "Vow Of Silence"...then had i know this earlier ..the water in the downstairs bathroom would have been left on weeks ago!l

Perhaps Alain was not aware that buying Hiarcs alone allows you to play on the server?
to be honest i always thought i needed Fritz to play there as well

anyway my ship is due to reach Dry dock soon so we face off tomorrow AM!

Regards From The Titanic
Steve
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

hi Alain
well i was able to save all of the schachcomputers but sadly some of original boxes suffered water damage

:cry: :cry:

as you well know me by now Alain..some of these boxes mean more to me then even the chess computers themselves

i was a able to save some of the boxes by quickly drying them off with some of my Wife's hereby dresses and other clothing that thankfully were still nice and dry

Averted A Near Tragedy Regards
Steve
Alainza

Post by Alainza »

Hi Steve,
Steve B wrote:well i was able to save all of the schachcomputers but sadly some of original boxes suffered water damage

as you well know me by now Alain..some of these boxes mean more to me then even the chess computers themselves

i was a able to save some of the boxes by quickly drying them off with some of my Wife's hereby dresses and other clothing that thankfully were still nice and dry

Steve
Sorry for the boxes, but I am glad that you were able to save the computers as well as some boxes.

Will remove all my computers from the cellar regards,
Alain
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

Sorry to hear about the damage Steve, hope you get yourself to shore and ship shape in no time.

Titanic regards

Paul
Jose

Post by Jose »

Steve B wrote:hi Alain
well i was able to save all of the schachcomputers but sadly some of original boxes suffered water damage

Steve
What a horror story - and no dream.
I hope this was the first and last time that water comes near your boxes and computers.

Remove Regards José
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Jose wrote:
Steve B wrote:hi Alain

Steve
What a horror story - and no dream.
I hope this was the first and last time that water comes near your boxes and computers.

Remove Regards José
Thank you Jose
two rare boxes got damaged but the computers are ok

still..i am devastated
:cry: Regards :cry:
Steve
Last edited by Steve B on Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Wardy wrote:Sorry to hear about the damage Steve, hope you get yourself to shore and ship shape in no time.

Titanic regards

Paul
Thanks Paul

i did manage to dry things out just enough to play the first 2 games earlier today..

http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13194 Regards
Steve