Question for Steve B. (or any other Expert in the field)...

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply
rightrook
Posts: 1452
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:45 pm

Question for Steve B. (or any other Expert in the field)...

Post by rightrook » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:10 pm

[D]rn1qr1k1/pbp2pb1/1p4p1/3p4/3P4/2NBPN2/PPQ2PP1/R3K2R w KQ - 0 1

Hi ther Steve...hope all is going well...

Both my old WChess PC program and the Novag Sapphire2 portable unit find the move
Bxg6 at only 3 ply...!

I was just wondering if these two chess programs were written by the same person...or is this just a coincidense.... :lol:

regards

have a good day..

Rob

Steve B

Re: Question for Steve B. (or any other Expert in the field)

Post by Steve B » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:07 pm

rightrook wrote:[D]rn1qr1k1/pbp2pb1/1p4p1/3p4/3P4/2NBPN2/PPQ2PP1/R3K2R w KQ - 0 1

Hi ther Steve...hope all is going well...

Both my old WChess PC program and the Novag Sapphire2 portable unit find the move
Bxg6 at only 3 ply...!

I was just wondering if these two chess programs were written by the same person...or is this just a coincidense.... :lol:

regards

have a good day..

Rob
hi Rob
you wondered correctly

Wchess and the Sap2 are both by Kittinger..in fact as far back as i can remember every Novag computer was programmed by Kittinger

Dave The Rave Regards
Steve

rightrook
Posts: 1452
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:45 pm

Re: Question for Steve B. (or any other Expert in the field)

Post by rightrook » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:11 am

Ok thanks Steve for the speedy reply!

I knew you would know the answer!

:D

Best regards
Rob

Terry McCracken

Re: Question for Steve B. (or any other Expert in the field)

Post by Terry McCracken » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:48 am

rightrook wrote:Ok thanks Steve for the speedy reply!

I knew you would know the answer!

:D

Best regards
Rob
Darn! I wanted to be the first to reply.....as you can plainly see I don't live here, like some would have you believe :wink:

Missed Again Regards,
Terry

rightrook
Posts: 1452
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:45 pm

Re: Question for Steve B. (or any other Expert in the field)

Post by rightrook » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:24 pm

Thanks anyway Terry,

I know you are an expert at this too... :D

best regards

Rob

Terry McCracken

Re: Question for Steve B. (or any other Expert in the field)

Post by Terry McCracken » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:52 pm

rightrook wrote:Thanks anyway Terry,

I know you are an expert at this too... :D

best regards

Rob
No, Steve is the expert in this field, I'm barely rank & file :o

I just happened to know both were Dave Kittenger's programs :wink:

Terry

ErikS

Re: Question for Steve B. (or any other Expert in the field)

Post by ErikS » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:13 pm

[quote="Steve B"
Wchess and the Sap2 are both by Kittinger..in fact as far back as i can remember every Novag computer was programmed by Kittinger

Hi Steve,
I think the first Mk 1, Mk II and Super System III was programmed by David Levy.

Have a nice Weekend Regards
Erik

Post Reply