Twisted Logic 0.087x5 released!!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Edsel Apostol
Full name: Edsel Apostol

Twisted Logic 0.087x5 released!!

Post by Edsel Apostol »

Hi Everyone,

This is another release of my engine. There are bugfixes from the previous version. The most prominent bug is in the king attacks eval and in the piece square table.

I hope that testers would try testing my engine with History Pruning off as I think that it might be stronger on longer time controls, but I am not sure of this. Please test my engine with this feature enabled and disabled. I don't have much testing time and the machine I'm doing my test is antique already so the result of my tests are often inaccurate.

I also included in the release the current engine I am working in. It only has a basic search with just a check extension and no prunings nor reductions whatsoever, and a simple material and piece square tables only. I find it stronger than TSCP on my tests even though the eval is very simple. Weaknesses are king safety and passed pawn evaluation as it has none of this, not even mobility and pawn structure. It supports all basic UCI 1 commands like limiting the number of moves to be searched or a fixed number of nodes to be searched only.

Any feedback is welcome.

I really appreciate the effort of the testers out there like the CCRL, CEGT, Chesswar, WBEC, Le fou numerique, etc. I can't name them all but to those I have forgot to put here, thanks also.

Enjoy testing.

The link to my web page is: http://www.geocities.com/ed_apostol/index.htm

Edsel Apostol
geots

Re: Twisted Logic 0.087x5 released!!

Post by geots »

Hi Edsel. Dont get me wrong here- i appreciate very much you giving us a new version to test. I just wish you could have done it without that big screen with all the changes made popping up each time I load the engine. This is the first version i have seen that happen with. It's a bit aggravating to have to close it out each time the engine loads. But again, thanks.

Regards,

George
Edsel Apostol
Full name: Edsel Apostol

Post by Edsel Apostol »

Hi George,

I forgot to uncomment that line of code where it prints what UCI option feature has been set. :oops: That was intended for debugging. I will fix that and will release a fixed version in a few days.

Regards,

Edsel Apostol
geots

Post by geots »

Thanks Edsel. Appreciate that.

Best regards,

George
mariaclara

Post by mariaclara »

:D

salamat po.

:wink:

................. Mu Shin ..........................