What about the Zanzibar vs DJ & Zanzibar vs DF in 4CPU?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

ArmyBridge

What about the Zanzibar vs DJ & Zanzibar vs DF in 4CPU?

Post by ArmyBridge »

I've been looking for the Zap!Chess Zanzibar 4 CPU vs Deep Junior 10 4CPU and the Zap!Chess Zanibar 4CPU vs DeepFritz 104CPU, in CCRL and CEGT and just find no one game, why?, I think this matchs would be very nice, very interesting the 3 engines have very spectacular style and agressivness, but the tester simply ingore this matchs, I hope see it in the near future :cry:
Werner
Full name: Werner Schüle

Re: What about the Zanzibar vs DJ & Zanzibar vs DF in 4C

Post by Werner »

Hi Armando,
do you know how to play Zap!Chess Zanzibar 64 bit against Deep Fritz 10 or Deep Junior 10?
I think this is not possible inside 64bit Zap!Chess GUI!
Only with 32bit Zap!Chess engines which are running in DF10 GUI you can make easy engine matches. And the 64bit version of Zap!Chess Zanzibar is stronger than 32bit version.

PS: In the CEGT group at the moment we have only 1 PC with 4 Cores....

regards
Werner
ArmyBridge

Post by ArmyBridge »

Hi, well I don't know how it work, but I saw that Sedat did it, in his tournier in 40/120 time control, i think 2 or 4 games Zap!Chess Zanzibar vs Deep Junior and Deep Fritz too, by the way in cegt there are some match between 64 bit engines, like Rybka's vs Deep junior 10 and against Deep FRitz 10 too, then I tought that the match's with zap and DJ and DF are possible, but well, you are the tester, you must know a lot about this than me. :(
PD, my english is terrible so, sorry if a mistake some prhases or work or things like that. :?
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

ArmyBridge wrote:Hi, well I don't know how it work, but I saw that Sedat did it, in his tournier in 40/120 time control, i think 2 or 4 games Zap!Chess Zanzibar vs Deep Junior and Deep Fritz too, by the way in cegt there are some match between 64 bit engines, like Rybka's vs Deep junior 10 and against Deep FRitz 10 too, then I tought that the match's with zap and DJ and DF are possible, but well, you are the tester, you must know a lot about this than me. :(
PD, my english is terrible so, sorry if a mistake some prhases or work or things like that. :?
From Sedat's conditions:
* ZapChess! Zanzibar 64 bit plays against WB/UCI Engines and 32 bit is used only against CB Engines*

In other words he does not play zapchess 64 bit against chessbase engines.

Uri
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Werner wrote: do you know how to play Zap!Chess Zanzibar 64 bit against Deep Fritz 10 or Deep Junior 10?
I think this is not possible inside 64bit Zap!Chess GUI!
Werner is correct.
ArmyBridge

Post by ArmyBridge »

:wink: Ok, ok, I see: the match is not possible, at least whit 64 bit version of Zap, ...anymay, it would be nice see some match´s between these engines on similar conditions (I mean Zap!Chess zanz 32 bit). By the way, congratulations to all the tester of CEGT and CCRL, your work is great!!!, I've enjoy a lot playing trough the games. I wonder if is posible to run some test between the top engines with his native books??, like SSDF do, in some way it would be worth.. SSDF have very oldfashion hardware, and some engines (like Junior 10) get stronger with the native book, ie. the match between Junior and Rybka 1.2 in SSDF was very exiting and their stronge was quite similar. Don't you thing so? :)
Jim Walker

Post by Jim Walker »

A match with 64 bit machines is possible on the servers (ICC/Playchess). Happens every day. I guess they are not organized but just random occurences.
Jim
ArmyBridge

Post by ArmyBridge »

Hi James, right, this match occurs every day, but Do you know where I can get some games between this engine played in this servers? some one can send me a link or some games? :)
Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

Does that mean Zap's 64-bit GUI version can only run 64-bit engines? I understood so far, that the normal 32-bit GUI cannot run the 64-bit Zap!, but it surprises me that there is also an incompatibility in reverse...?

(I only have a 32-bit Windows, so the question is not urgent for me but I am curious about it :D )

Anyway, I wouldn't mind to see Zap! Zanzibar 32-bit included in the 4CPU-tests instead, to make the pairings possible which Armando mentioned, on one computer. Maybe that's the next best thing if using the strongest version isn't possible, and in addition to it, it would have information value for 32-bit-only users about SMP Zap! Z. versus F/J. I found that the single 32-bit version has played against Fritz 10 (16.5-12.5) and against Junior 10.1 (11.5-8.5) in the CCRL 40/40m tests.

I don't know if CCRL or CEGT use the Auto232 connection sometimes, because in that case those pairings should always be possible. OTOH, on my new computer I don't even find a serial port anymore :shock: I guess I would have to use a RS232 <-> USB adaptor to try that, if that exists. I only have RS232 <-> PS/2 adaptors for old mice.
Regards, Mike
Werner
Full name: Werner Schüle

Post by Werner »

Hi Michael,
I use auto232 connection an I have an usb-RS232 adaptor cabel (Pearl Agency...)
I do not have 2 equal PCs and there is another gag in the Zap!Chess 64 bit gui: there is no auto232 driver delivered. So the only way is via winboard232d to make a own driver. I have made some games between Zap!Chess 64bit and DeepFritz 10 with it on my Quad. That does not work automatic since there is no communication between the engines. E.g. one engine resingns and the other does not realize.....
Games via Chessbase server work but only with ponder on. Here you need 2 equal PCs and a lot of time to start the games - as automatic games do not work very well. Or try to start 2 Chessbase Guis on 1 PC and try to avoid the using of the same database: myInternetMachineGames.
And for your 1st question: all uci engines can run in the 64 bit Zap!Chess Gui but no other native Chessbase engines as they are dlls.

So the result is: it is possible, but...

Regards
Werner