Preliminary list of participants for ICT 7

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Preliminary list of participants for ICT 7

Post by Eelco de Groot »

The list as of last Friday from Theo van der Storm is up at http://www.csvn.nl/index.php?option=com ... &Itemid=28

Ed Schröder with Pro Deo is back! That is good to see. Now only Quest and Frans Morsch should return as well for the sake of old times! Hopefully with the programmers in person. Harm Geert has entered no less than two programs, doubling his chances for the title. No complaints yet from the strong Rybka camp about this or from Vincent who has not (yet?) entered, but is it covered by the rules? And if someone would object? Just asking..

Eelco

Code: Select all

Rybka QX6700, 3200 MHz Vasik Rajlich, Jeroen Noomen (book), Hans van der Zijden (oper) Budapest, Hungary, Apeldoorn, NL, Duivendrecht, NL

The King Johan de Koning Delft, NL

Pro Deo Ed Schöder, Hans Secelle (oper.) Deventer, NL, Schelderode, Belgium

Hiarcs QX6700  Mark Uniacke (prog.), Harvey Williamson (oper.), Enrico Carrisco (tester/oper.)     UK, UK, USA

Deep Sjeng Gian-Carlo Pascutto, Jens Heerklotz (oper.), Valery Maes (book)  Belgium

IsiChess MMX  Gerd Isenberg  Hattingen, Germany

The Baron  Dual AMD Opteron 270 (4 cores)   Richard Pijl (prog.), Arturo Ochoa (book)   Minderhout, Belgium, Argentina

XiniX  Pentium M. 1700 MHz  Tony van Roon  Elke van Roon (oper.)
Eindhoven, NL

Hermann Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM  Volker Annuss  Christian Bartsch(book)  Unna, Germany, Niederseefeld, Ger.

Micro-Max 4.4  Harm Geert Muller Diemen, NL

Joker  Harm Geert Muller Diemen, NL

hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Re: Preliminary list of participants for ICT 7

Post by hgm »

Well, I explicitly inquired if the rules allowed it. It seems they do as long as it are totally unrelated programs, as uMax and Joker are. Unfortunately 2 times 0 is still 0. It seems all other contestants have at least 400 rating points more as the last measured rating of my engines.

I am a bit disappointed about the Dutch participation. Has micro-Max really scared them away? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where is Bright?
Where is SpiderChess?
Where is ANT?
Where is Neurosis?
Where is Zzzzzz?
Where is Brutus?
Where is J.S.BAM?
Where is BikJump?
Where is POS?

Only because of their absence micro-Max will now end in the lower half of the ranking!
Belgian

Post by Belgian »

hgm wrote:Well, I explicitly inquired if the rules allowed it. It seems they do as long as it are totally unrelated programs, as uMax and Joker are. Unfortunately 2 times 0 is still 0. It seems all other contestants have at least 400 rating points more as the last measured rating of my engines.

I am a bit disappointed about the Dutch participation. Has micro-Max really scared them away? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where is Bright?
Where is SpiderChess?
Where is ANT?

Hans Secelle is operating Pro deo, Ant project finished ?

Where is Neurosis?
Where is Zzzzzz?

In a deep sleep ?

Where is Brutus?
Where is J.S.BAM?
Where is BikJump?
Where is POS?

Only because of their absence micro-Max will now end in the lower half of the ranking!
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

hgm wrote:Well, I explicitly inquired if the rules allowed it. It seems they do as long as it are totally unrelated programs, as uMax and Joker are. Unfortunately 2 times 0 is still 0. It seems all other contestants have at least 400 rating points more as the last measured rating of my engines.
I think that the difference from hermann is smaller than 400 rating points
You may be correct about 400 elo for the other programs.

From the CCRL list

Pro Deo 1.2 2727 +20 −20 48.7% +5.4 30.2% 881
Hermann 1.9 2504 +41 −41 47.3% +18.4 28.6% 203
Joker 1.0.20 2264 +93 −90 57.9% −43.2 31.6% 38
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

Oh, I had not noticed that Joker had appeared already in the CCRL list! The rating is better than I expected, I was still going on the estimate from Systeme du Suisse (1999, for 1.0.13).
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Post by Eelco de Groot »

Where is Bright?
Where is SpiderChess?
Where is ANT?
Where is Neurosis?
Where is Zzzzzz?
Where is Brutus?
Where is J.S.BAM?
Where is BikJump?
Where is POS?

There are quite a few Dutch programs these days. I'm sure a few more of the Dutch programmers will show up! Tao and Bas Hamstra are supposed to defend the Groningen honours but I don't believe they participated in the last tournament?

Maybe I should start writing a Basic program and compete for last place 8-) It might take a while though. I bought the Z80 source book "Sargon a computer chess program" by Dan Spracklen and Kathe Spracklen,- receipt is still inside, price f 43,00 in Dutch guilders plus f 4,- shipping costs- and even once bought "Programming the Z8000 in assembly language" especially with writing a chess program in mind, so you can guess my chess programming career in that respect can be considered longer than that of Mr. Osipov... Goes waaay back before 1983... The Z8000 looked very interesting at the time, a real 16 bits architecture but I'm not sure a computer was ever built using this processor?

Regards
Eelco
pijl

Post by pijl »

Eelco de Groot wrote:The list as of last Friday from Theo van der Storm is up at http://www.csvn.nl/index.php?option=com ... &Itemid=28

Ed Schröder with Pro Deo is back! That is good to see. Now only Quest and Frans Morsch should return as well for the sake of old times! Hopefully with the programmers in person. Harm Geert has entered no less than two programs, doubling his chances for the title. No complaints yet from the strong Rybka camp about this or from Vincent who has not (yet?) entered, but is it covered by the rules? And if someone would object? Just asking..
Vincent is not allowed to join this tournament, and I doubt that he will return in CSVN tournaments.
As one of the participants, I have no problem with a double entry of Harm-Geert as these two programs are very different. It is not as if e.g. two Fruit versions have registered. I have only one worry, and that is that with 11 participants and 9 rounds the swiss pairings will be problematic. 10 programs would be much better then. So let's hope 3 or more programs will join.
btw, Arturo Ochoa is from Venezuela, not Argentina. I'll send Theo a message concerning this.
Richard.
Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

pijl wrote: As one of the participants, I have no problem with a double entry of Harm-Geert as these two programs are very different. It is not as if e.g. two Fruit versions have registered. I have only one worry, and that is that with 11 participants and 9 rounds the swiss pairings will be problematic. 10 programs would be much better then. So let's hope 3 or more programs will join.
btw, Arturo Ochoa is from Venezuela, not Argentina. I'll send Theo a message concerning this.
Richard.
As another of the participants I have no problem with a double entry either.

I am however looking forward to watching Harm-Geert running between 2 tables for 3 days making the moves for both :wink:
Daniel Mehrmann
Full name: Daniel Mehrmann

Post by Daniel Mehrmann »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
pijl wrote: As one of the participants, I have no problem with a double entry of Harm-Geert as these two programs are very different. It is not as if e.g. two Fruit versions have registered. I have only one worry, and that is that with 11 participants and 9 rounds the swiss pairings will be problematic. 10 programs would be much better then. So let's hope 3 or more programs will join.
Richard.

I am however looking forward to watching Harm-Geert running between 2 tables for 3 days making the moves for both :wink:
hehe,
maybe you can call him "roadrunner" after the tournament... :lol:

meep meep,
Daniel

(sorry couldn't resist)
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Daniel Mehrmann wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Richard.

hehe,
maybe you can call him "roadrunner" after the tournament... :lol:

meep meep,
Daniel

(sorry couldn't resist)
You should keep some carbohydrates (high glycemic) with you, in case he start to faint because he wasted too many calories.

Road runner joke was funny as hell regards
<YO>