Scid 3.6.14 released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

menniepals

Re: Scid 3.6.14 released

Post by menniepals »

Scid has progressed so much it is almost unbelievable. Pascal, I hope you can simplify installation under linux just as it is under windows. By the way, congratulations on your efforts to continue Shane's hard work.
pgeorges

Post by pgeorges »

Norm Pollock wrote: A few days ago I asked about elo scores that have an asterisk. I now have found out where the asterisks comes from.

If a player has an elo tag in some games, but is missing an elo tag in others, SCID associates the elo score (which one?) to the games without an elo score and denotes them with asterisks. However, SCID does not produce an elo tag for this associated elo score when the database is output to a pgn.

May I suggest that there be an option to produce elo tags for the associated elo scores?
Although I did not notice this myself, I suppose the initial intention was to put an asterisk as a warning to the user, for manual correction. As the Elo tag must be an integer, I don't think it is a good idea to export it with an asterisk.

Pascal
Norm Pollock

Post by Norm Pollock »

pgeorges wrote:
Norm Pollock wrote: A few days ago I asked about elo scores that have an asterisk. I now have found out where the asterisks comes from.

If a player has an elo tag in some games, but is missing an elo tag in others, SCID associates the elo score (which one?) to the games without an elo score and denotes them with asterisks. However, SCID does not produce an elo tag for this associated elo score when the database is output to a pgn.

May I suggest that there be an option to produce elo tags for the associated elo scores?
Although I did not notice this myself, I suppose the initial intention was to put an asterisk as a warning to the user, for manual correction. As the Elo tag must be an integer, I don't think it is a good idea to export it with an asterisk.

Pascal
I suggest it be exported as an integer. Therefore "2450*" would be exported as, for example,

[WhiteElo "2450"]

-Norm