To put everything into place with Strelka

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

ArmyBridge

Re: Moderation, please! (Was: Re: Correct fen)

Post by ArmyBridge »

Hi Rob
you said "Yes I have decompiled Strelka and Rybka and they're the same."

How can you explain this:
Rybka 1.0 32 bits 16.5/24
Strelka 1.0 7.5/24
this from their match in CEGT last update, it seems that the diference in strengh between both engine is wide, I mean I've saw matchs between Rybka's (1.0 vs 1.1 or 1.2 vs 2.1) and they are very close, if strelka is a clone, maybe the result in this firts match would be more close, I rememeber that, when Rybka come to the chess scene it reach the top on several list with +2830 elo, strelka seem weaker (2759), again I think that if they share the same code, their result should be very similar at least in elo's. I'm not expert In chess program, but I guess , sombody that decode Rybka, must be a very inteligent gay, clever, so it would improve the code, and then don get a engine with 2759(strelka elo) but a engine with 2850 elo at least, or Im wrong? :shock:
swami

Re: To put everything into place with Strelka

Post by swami »

I see no reason to apologize for suspecting that strelka is a clone even if it is not a clone.
Come on Uri :)

Don't someone need to apologize for suspecting it as a clone no matter if there are any clear reason to suspect,after all suspicions turn out to be wrong? :)