clones everywhere, chess is not safe anymore

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

eriq

clones everywhere, chess is not safe anymore

Post by eriq »

I was so scary, when I noticed a clone of fritz in my cd bag yesterday that I wasn't sure what I should do. Slowly I grabed it and after putting it into my computer it began to fight. It beat me hard just like fritz and then it wouldn't take draws in winning positions just like fritz. I was at once sure that it was an illegal copy or at the very least a terrorist! I am so convinced that I am willing to accuse, insult and convict both it and the so-called author of this beast. How dare him insult and degrade our great community with his filth?!

Oh wait, but the label said that it is fritz 7. Nay, I would never to listen to a teller of tales, of course it would say that! It must think I'm stupid or something. Well, I'm going to prove it wrong by not believing anything written on the label.

Fellow scared people, please if you run across a simular disk in your cd bag, first run, because it does not have legs and so, will not give chase, Then crawl under the bed and call the authorities at this forum, if anyone can protect us it is them or if nothing else they can assist us in the belittling and disfranchisement of new programmers.
nuff

Re: clones everywhere, chess is not safe anymore

Post by nuff »

Its not that bad. Most people have a single version of Fritz/ChessMaster/Hiarcs/Junior or Shredder on CD and do not buy every version that comes out. The small minority will buy every version of a major program. It would be interesting to find out the difference in sales between the CD/DVD versions that come out every 2-3 years versus the download versions that are more frequent.