Hiarcs 0.3 v Blincoes Chess Challenger

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Harvey Williamson

Hiarcs 0.3 v Blincoes Chess Challenger

Post by Harvey Williamson »

This mighty match between 1981 Hiarcs and Steve's CC takes place on Playchess at 11 tomorrow morning, server time, in the Engine room - Follow HiarcsX.

Now that the new panel for detecting Clones has been set up I wonder if we should submit the source code for both to this panel to ensure fair play?

What do you think Steve & panel?

Harvey

ps. I suggest that Alain, the competition winner, be appointed arbiter so that any disputes are settled by him. Unless the dispute has anything to do with plastic and then Jon takes charge.
Alainza

Re: Hiarcs 0.3 v Blincoes Chess Challenger

Post by Alainza »

OK, I already have the code for Hiarcs 1981 and even if Mark admits having been influenced by "Sargon: a computer chess program" (http://www.hiarcs.com/beginning.htm), Hiarcs is definitely an original work.

Steve, now you have to get me the source of CC3 program :wink:
So I can verify that it is not a clone of Sargon...

As long as the doubt exists for CC3, it seems fair to give white to Hiarcs in all games :wink:

Ready for tomorrow regards,
Alain
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

hi Harvey,Alain and fellow Panel Experts

i must consider further if i will disclose the source code for the CC3

at the very least this will take a matter of weeks because i will now have to actually get a CC3 because i was planning on using a totally different and stronger computer for the actual competition(secretly of course)

now that the panel of experts has uncovered my plan i will be returning to Mother Russia as soon as the match concludes tomorrow

Nyet Regards
Steve
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Alainza wrote:OK, I already have the code for Hiarcs 1981 and even if Mark admits having been influenced by "Sargon: a computer chess program" (http://www.hiarcs.com/beginning.htm), Hiarcs is definitely an original work.

As long as the doubt exists for CC3, it seems fair to give white to Hiarcs in all games :wink:

Alain
Hi Alain
a thought has just now occurred to me(rare occurrence)
i know you also have a CC3:
http://www.zanchetta.net/echecs/images/ ... enger3.jpg

since it appears you will be following the games tomorrow on PlayChess...
perhaps you would like to try playing against Hiarcs with the CC3 as White converting the notation?
i did check and the K and Q are in the correct positions
I will play as Black with the CC3 in the first game and you can take over with your CC3 as white for the second game?

this is assuming of course that Harvey and Team Hiarcs would agree to this last minute change in the hard fought match terms

Team CC3 Regards
Steve
Harvey Williamson

Steve B wrote:
Alainza wrote:OK, I already have the code for Hiarcs 1981 and even if Mark admits having been influenced by "Sargon: a computer chess program" (http://www.hiarcs.com/beginning.htm), Hiarcs is definitely an original work.

Alain
Hi Alain
a thought has just now occurred to me(rare occurrence)
i know you also have a CC3:
http://www.zanchetta.net/echecs/images/ ... enger3.jpg

since it appears you will be following the games tomorrow on PlayChess...
perhaps you would like to try playing against Hiarcs with the CC3 as White converting the notation?
i did check and the K and Q are in the correct positions
I will play as Black with the CC3 in the first game and you can take over with your CC3 as white for the second game?

this is assuming of course that Harvey and Team Hiarcs would agree to this last minute change in the hard fought match terms

Team CC3 Regards
Steve
Agreed!
JonP01

Post by JonP01 »

I'm not certain, but I don't think Alain has a Chessbase account that enables him to use the chat function. At least I think that was the case a few weeks back.
Alainza

Post by Alainza »

Hi,

yes, I have a CC3 but it is not 100% functional :cry: : it reset itself in amost every game played (or at least in 4 games out of 5) so it is not reliable enough to play an onlne match.

So I'll simply watch the games and you will have to operate your CC3.

Next time may be regards,
alain
Alainza

Post by Alainza »

Hi Jonathan,
JonP01 wrote:I'm not certain, but I don't think Alain has a Chessbase account that enables him to use the chat function. At least I think that was the case a few weeks back.
you are right but I bought a chess program a few weeks ago to get a key to go online.

So I'll be able to chat now

Ready for the match of the century regards,
Alain
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Alainza wrote:Hi,

yes, I have a CC3 but it is not 100% functional :cry: : it reset itself in amost every game played (or at least in 4 games out of 5) so it is not reliable enough to play an onlne match.

alain
well Alain
i have been practicing playing with the CC3 having white
i think i can manage the coordinate conversion well enough now to play against Hiarcs with the white pieces

so if Harvey and Team Hiarcs can perhaps agree to it..then Hiarcs will have White in Game 1 and the CC3 will move first in Game two

Practicing Regards
Steve
Harvey Williamson

Steve B wrote:
Alainza wrote:Hi,

alain
well Alain
i have been practicing playing with the CC3 having white
i think i can manage the coordinate conversion well enough now to play against Hiarcs with the white pieces

so if Harvey and Team Hiarcs can perhaps agree to it..then Hiarcs will have White in Game 1 and the CC3 will move first in Game two

Practicing Regards
Steve
Hi Steve & Alain,

Yes I think we can agree to this late change in the playing conditions. Hiarcs is just doing its final warm up excercises and in 2 hours it is game on!

Practicing also regards,

Harvey