Strelka will be open-source?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

George Tsavdaris

Re: Strelka will be open-source?

Post by George Tsavdaris »

Sergei Markoff wrote:
tiger wrote:Computer chess is not compatible with "truly vulnerable personalities".
I suggest that if it is the case, then in his own interest he should find another hobby.
Oh, yes, this is a game for really brutal persons! Probaly like you ))
Computer-Chess-Forum journey is for very hardy people!
If you want to participate in it, you should be ready for the most unpleasant surprises in moments you couldn't expect and for things you couldn't even dream of.
People will find the most ridiculous accusations, insults and stupid arguments to throw mud to you deliberately or not, that you have to be extremely solid as a personality and not so sensitive, in order to participate.....

The best thing is to ignore everything you think it's stupid and just say your opinion.... :D

The same happens to life: If with the first obstacle you quit then you will end up in total misery.... :roll:
tiger

Post by tiger »

Kaj Soderberg wrote:Computer chess is not compatible with "truly vulnerable personalities".

I suggest that if it is the case, then in his own interest he should find another hobby.

If not, then the only thing that counts is how strong his program is. All the rest will be forgotten, including wrong accusations and how strong they have been expressed.

// Christophe
OK, agreed, this sounds better. I, as some others i think, misunderstood your mail and intentions. The problem with text is that you don't get the non-verbal communication of the author, so easily misunderstood.

Best regards,

Kaj[/quote]

It's just that I'm fed up with people attacking and defending and taking it so seriously that we read things like "he is the Jesus Christ of computerchess" or "I hope he is not too depressed" and the stuff is developping into complete hysteria without ever hearing a word of the guy in question.

// Christophe
Sergei Markoff

Post by Sergei Markoff »

tiger wrote:You should read the CCC archives since 1998 or so and you would then understand how it works. I'm as nice as possible given this history.
Christophe, I know how it works and don't need any additional demonstration. But your position is counter-productive. It looks like: "We're bad guys. If you want to play with us, you must suffer for our mockery and also must buy a beer for us". Probably you think that it's no need to change anything in community? Or I'm wrong?
tiger

Post by tiger »

Sergei Markoff wrote:
tiger wrote:You should read the CCC archives since 1998 or so and you would then understand how it works. I'm as nice as possible given this history.
Christophe, I know how it works and don't need any additional demonstration. But your position is counter-productive. It looks like: "We're bad guys. If you want to play with us, you must suffer for our mockery and also must buy a beer for us". Probably you think that it's no need to change anything in community? Or I'm wrong?

It won't change, so the only possibility is to moderate the forum for obvious abuses and otherwise develop a "thick skin".

Once Strelka is accepted in the "community", the only thing that will count for most suckers here is the size of his (her?) elo.

So please don't make me laugh with your story of a depressed programmer.

// Christophe
Last edited by tiger on Tue May 15, 2007 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
tiger

Post by tiger »

fern wrote:I work partially as journalist, but my real profesion is sociology and writting.
Yes, it has happened to you before. So you know how i is.
How your daughter is?

fernando

She's fine, thanks. :)

I hope your family is OK as well.

// Christophe
Sergei Markoff

Post by Sergei Markoff »

tiger wrote:So please don't make me laugh with your story of a depressed programmer.
Too much laugh is injurious for a liver.
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Sergei Markoff wrote:
tiger wrote:So please don't make me laugh with your story of a depressed programmer.
Too much laugh is injurious for a liver.
Laugh I am afraid isnt bad for the liver. May be if you laugh while you are eating, you might choke on food, but other than that laughing isnt bad at all.
Sergei Markoff

Post by Sergei Markoff »

Tony Thomas wrote:Laugh I am afraid isnt bad for the liver. May be if you laugh while you are eating, you might choke on food, but other than that laughing isnt bad at all.
Good news! Then I'm not more worry about Cristophe's health ))
geots

Post by geots »

Dann Corbit wrote:I believe it was Dr. Hyatt who said (paraphrasing here...):
In order to successfully post to the internet, it is first necessary to grow a two inch thick skin.
;-)

I believe Vas also gave good advice. Once when i asked him how he could sit back and listen to all the nonsensical blabber about him and his program without firing back, he said "It's no big deal- just life on the internet."

Regards
fern

Post by fern »

My family is OK. Hope you will add a brotherr or sister to to girl, soon.

salut
Fernando