My Strelka Thread Was Removed At My Request!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Harvey Williamson

Re: Off Topic Erik and Andre or any Dutch please help!?

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Roman Hartmann wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Dave McClain wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:As we are talking about being off topic and I am going to Holland on Thursday. Enrico and I were looking up some abusive phrases in Dutch on the internet - just in case they are needed.

Now one of the great CCC posters is Erik Roggenburg. I have had enough of reading this "Yes, my last name IS Dutch. Just don't ask me what it means!"
Enrico and I need to know!!?
Harvey,

I already asked Eric some time ago. I was told it was a city in Holland............. :( I was hoping it was something more risque! :P
Me to :( Moderators please delete the thread again if Erik confirms this and please issue erik with a lifetime ban.
Maybe you prefer this Dutch then:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Schultz

Roman
Yes much :) but we need to hear from Erik!
pijl

Post by pijl »

Dave McClain wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:As we are talking about being off topic and I am going to Holland on Thursday. Enrico and I were looking up some abusive phrases in Dutch on the internet - just in case they are needed.

Now one of the great CCC posters is Erik Roggenburg. I have had enough of reading this "Yes, my last name IS Dutch. Just don't ask me what it means!"
Harvey,

I already asked Eric some time ago. I was told it was a city in Holland............. :( I was hoping it was something more risque! :P
Close. It's a city in Germany: http://www.roggenburg.de/
and also a city in Switzerland.
As far as I know there is no city called Roggenburg in the Netherlands.
If you try to translate the name (from Dutch) the best I can come up with is 'City of (sting)rays'.
Richard.
GS

Post by GS »

pijl wrote:
Dave McClain wrote:

Harvey,

Close. It's a city in Germany: http://www.roggenburg.de/
and also a city in Switzerland.
As far as I know there is no city called Roggenburg in the Netherlands.
If you try to translate the name (from Dutch) the best I can come up with is 'City of (sting)rays'.
Richard.
Hi Richard,

'Roggen' is a kind of corn in German.
It is used for darker bread and darker beers.
Good luck in Leiden!

Best regards,
Guenther
pijl

Post by pijl »

GS wrote: 'Roggen' is a kind of corn in German.
It is used for darker bread and darker beers.
Good luck in Leiden!
That's 'Rogge' in Dutch. (Rye in English). Also close :-)
Albert Silver

Re: My Strelka Thread Was Removed At My Request!

Post by Albert Silver »

Steve B wrote:hi George

Moderators are at your beck and call are they?
:wink:
CCRL Regards
Steve
Consider this a warning. Do not write future defamatory posts about George, or decisive actions will be taken.

Albert (moderator)

P.S. George, is that how you wanted it? I wrote it just like you told me to.
Harvey Williamson

Albert Silver wrote:
Steve B wrote:hi George

Moderators are at your beck and call are they?
:wink:
CCRL Regards
Steve
Consider this a warning. Do not write future defamatory posts about George, or decisive actions will be taken.

Albert (moderator)

P.S. George, is that how you wanted it? I wrote it just like you told me to.
:D I believe george likes it rough
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

so Harvey....
about Leiden...

how about a nice report when the tournament is over?

a sort of day by day recap like your article for Selective Search a few years back?

i think the members here would love to read about the exploits first hand from a top operator running a top engine from a personal perspective

as you well know i do not even care about PC engines and EVEN I would find it fascinating to read it

even better would be a day by day recap from you after the days events but i am not asking for some like that of course

i want you to know that i am running the risk of EXCOMMUNICATION from the Collectors Guild for even posting this here

Wadya Say Regards?
Steve
Harvey Williamson

Steve B wrote:so Harvey....
about Leiden...

how about a nice report when the tournament is over?

a sort of day by day recap like your article for Selective Search a few years back?

i think the members here would love to read about the exploits first hand from a top operator running a top engine from a personal perspective

as you well know i do not even care about PC engines and EVEN I would find it fascinating to read it

even better would be a day by day recap from you after the days events but i am not asking for some like that of course

i want you to know that i am running the risk of EXCOMMUNICATION from the Collectors Guild for even posting this here

Wadya Say Regards?
Steve
Steve,

If I find a top operator while there will ask him to do exactly as you request.

one article may be enough regards,

harvey
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Great!

Now Go Smoke Some Fish Regards
Steve
Harvey Williamson

Hiarcs Wins Leiden May 2007!

Steve B wrote:Great!

Now Go Smoke Some Fish Regards
Steve
Now you are talking regards,

Will probably OD on mayo but not much else!

Dam - do i need moderating again for changing the thread title? Or am i just stoned!?

Harvey