Problem with my Chess Assistant

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

ikalel

Re: Problem with my Chess Assistant

Post by ikalel »

I only updated or rebuilt the CA 5.0 tree (I will update the direct tree eventually, though). But, yes, the tree does give 1646 (HugeBase gives 1644, two games off like in JC's case) AFTER the Bf5 move (thanks for your explanation about trees, Vempele).
Is that one of the differences between the direct and the CA 5 tree i.e. does the direct tree show the number of times a position has been reached after the move has been played, taking transpositions into account, while the CA 5 tree only shows the number of times a move has been played in a certain position (like the chessbase tree, I think)??
No, JC, both types of trees show both the number of times a position has been reached after the move has been played AND the number of times a move has been played in a certain position. I think the main difference between the two is size and speed.
ikalel

Post by ikalel »

In Chessbase you can check all the additions (updates) you have made to your reference database, i.e., Mega Database, by right-clicking on the Mega DB icon, Properties, and then Show Protocol. How would you do this in CA?
On the 'Base properties' dialog box of the CA's bases there is an option 'Track changes by default" but I'm not sure this is what I'm looking for.
James Constance

Post by James Constance »

Chessbase's useful show protocol seems to be absent from both Chess Assistant and Scid. I leave my downloaded update files in a folder so I can see which ones I have added to the Hugebase.
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

ikalel wrote:In Chessbase you can check all the additions (updates) you have made to your reference database, i.e., Mega Database, by right-clicking on the Mega DB icon, Properties, and then Show Protocol. How would you do this in CA?
On the 'Base properties' dialog box of the CA's bases there is an option 'Track changes by default" but I'm not sure this is what I'm looking for.
What I do is to write in the comments of the bases properties (right-click on base --> properties) "Updated until May 15th, 2007"

Albert