Rybka 2.3.2 is about 50 Elo stronger....

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Rybka 2.3.2 is about 50 Elo stronger....

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

cooldalek wrote:Your smilie implied that was a good thing Deeb. Is that a correct read of your view?

Perosnally, I agree the opposition has no chance but think it is bad as I like to see competition
Correct to hell brother :D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
ArmyBridge

Re: Who care about catching a small fish?

Post by ArmyBridge »

Catch a Tiger or big lion??....mmmmm :roll: well right now on playchess I guess there are many people hunting or catching Chess Tiger´s :P with their small fish's :lol: . I hope some day this big cat can eat all those small fish, what do you tinhk Theron? will it possible?
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:I personaly think that the opposition has no chance in hell in Leiden :D
Dont count The Baron out.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Sorry Tony,but the Baron is too weak right now to try catching the fish :P
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:Sorry Tony,but the Baron is too weak right now to try catching the fish :P
from CCRL 40/4

Rybka 2.2 64-bit 2CPU 3059 +13 −13 74.5% −183.4 28.5% 2481
77.0%
The Baron 1.7.0 2558 +16 −16 47.8% +11.6 23.0% 1481

The gap is 501 elo

from CCRL 40/40
Rybka 2.2 64-bit 2CPU 3052 +24 −24 74.3% −172.4 33.4% 665
32 The Baron 1.7.0 2651 +33 −33 47.8% +13.7 30.6% 301

The gap is only 401 elo.

The Baron1.7.0 earns 100 elo relative to rybka when the time control is multimplied by 10.
It means that maybe at time control of one move per week it can catch the fish.

Uri
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Hi Uri,
Thanks for the info....
But note Uri that most probably the Baron will participate with it's non public version which is MP as far as I know 8-)
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:Hi Uri,
Thanks for the info....
But note Uri that most probably the Baron will participate with it's non public version which is MP as far as I know 8-)
Yes but the same is also for rybka
It is not going to participate with 2.2 and it is going to participate with more than 2 cpu.

I assumed that there was no big difference between the improvement in rybka and the baron.

The only problem of the baron is that the time control of the event is faster than one move per week.

Uri
ArmyBridge

Post by ArmyBridge »

While this fish reach the 3500 elo (I think it will be very soon)its name is not already appropriate, maybe Vas have to change it, Kraken is a better name for his engine :wink: its a pity that Hydra does not participate in Leiden, probably Hydra is the unique one that can beat Rybka... well, then we take seat and we see this massacre
Alessandro Scotti

Post by Alessandro Scotti »

In a short tournament you need luck too, and everything can happen.
For a while I inserted latest Rybka into my test tournaments and after a few tournaments it seems Hamsters was able to win about 1 game out of 120. We are talking about a *huge* Elo difference, yet the probability is not zero.
Now looking to participate and meet Rybka in 120 tournaments... :-D
Marc Lacrosse

Post by Marc Lacrosse »

Alessandro Scotti wrote:In a short tournament you need luck too, and everything can happen.
For a while I inserted latest Rybka into my test tournaments and after a few tournaments it seems Hamsters was able to win about 1 game out of 120. We are talking about a *huge* Elo difference, yet the probability is not zero.
Now looking to participate and meet Rybka in 120 tournaments... :-D
I have even better news for you Alessandro :

If your probability of winning against the fish is 1/120, the number of games you need to have favorable odd to have won at least one game is not 120 but 83 :-).
After 120 games you have 63.3% chance to have won at least one game.

... not that bad

Marc