Proposal for Rybka team playing in Leiden

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, bob, hgm

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
eriq

Proposal for Rybka team playing in Leiden

Post by eriq » Thu May 17, 2007 9:55 pm

How about just using a strong dual core mashine! this would even the odds for the other engines and make a good contest. I have played several matches with Rybka and other engines and have only found it's endgames to be weak. If this weakness is taken away, then this is very bad for other engines :cry:


BTW Even with just dual core I would still bet on Rybka!

Harvey Williamson

Re: Proposal for Rybka team playing in Leiden

Post by Harvey Williamson » Thu May 17, 2007 10:06 pm

eriq wrote:How about just using a strong dual core mashine! this would even the odds for the other engines and make a good contest. I have played several matches with Rybka and other engines and have only found it's endgames to be weak. If this weakness is taken away, then this is very bad for other engines :cry:


BTW Even with just dual core I would still bet on Rybka!
We have the same hardware as Rybka and will beat it with that - there is no point having a handicap system. I would agree with your suggestion if Rybka had superior hardware to the other strong engines but it does not.

Midnight in Leiden - need sleep regards!

Harvey

eriq

Re: Proposal for Rybka team playing in Leiden

Post by eriq » Fri May 18, 2007 1:41 am

The hiarcs team must have a secret weapon!? Due tell :)

Spock

Re: Proposal for Rybka team playing in Leiden

Post by Spock » Fri May 18, 2007 5:38 am

eriq wrote:The hiarcs team must have a secret weapon!? Due tell :)
I very much doubt it.... The proof will be in the pudding as they say...

Andre van Ark
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:32 am
Location: Amersfoort
Contact:

Re: Proposal for Rybka team playing in Leiden

Post by Andre van Ark » Fri May 18, 2007 7:14 am

eriq wrote:The hiarcs team must have a secret weapon!? Due tell :)
Yes, they have! :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://216.25.93.108/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 28&t=13636

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... 77#pid9277

André (proud daddy) 8-)

Harvey Williamson

Re: Proposal for Rybka team playing in Leiden

Post by Harvey Williamson » Fri May 18, 2007 7:18 am

André van Ark wrote:
eriq wrote:The hiarcs team must have a secret weapon!? Due tell :)
Yes, they have! :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... 77#pid9277

André (proud daddy) 8-)
Andre's baby(Jeroen) has been genetically engineered to poop on any doubters - watch out Ray ;-)

Harvey Williamson

Re: Proposal for Rybka team playing in Leiden

Post by Harvey Williamson » Fri May 18, 2007 8:35 pm

Harvey Williamson wrote:
André van Ark wrote:
eriq wrote:The hiarcs team must have a secret weapon!? Due tell :)
Yes, they have! :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... 77#pid9277

André (proud daddy) 8-)
Andre's baby(Jeroen) has been genetically engineered to poop on any doubters - watch out Ray ;-)
Rybka was saved a pooping as it could only manage a draw v Hiarcs. Standings are Zap 3/3 HIARCS 2.5/3 and Rybka 2/3.

Spock

Re: Proposal for Rybka team playing in Leiden

Post by Spock » Fri May 18, 2007 8:42 pm

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Rybka was saved a pooping as it could only manage a draw v Hiarcs. Standings are Zap 3/3 HIARCS 2.5/3 and Rybka 2/3.
Rybka will recover and win. Even if it doesn't the tournament result means very little with so few games, we all know Rybka is the strongest engine in the tournament :D

Harvey Williamson

Re: Proposal for Rybka team playing in Leiden

Post by Harvey Williamson » Fri May 18, 2007 9:05 pm

Spock wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Rybka was saved a pooping as it could only manage a draw v Hiarcs. Standings are Zap 3/3 HIARCS 2.5/3 and Rybka 2/3.
Rybka will recover and win. Even if it doesn't the tournament result means very little with so few games, we all know Rybka is the strongest engine in the tournament :D
How do you know that?

Spock

Re: Proposal for Rybka team playing in Leiden

Post by Spock » Fri May 18, 2007 9:11 pm

Harvey Williamson wrote:
How do you know that?
Just a wild guess that you haven't gained 100 ELO since Hiarcs 11.1 :shock:
Or is it 150 ELO since the Rybka that is palying has possibly gained 50...

Zap has a bit of a hardware advantage, all in all it is going to be fascinating

Regardless, these tournaments are great fun - great for the audience to follow, I've been refreshing my browser dozens of times... And great fr the operators and authors to meet and talk

Post Reply