Proposal for Rybka team playing in Leiden

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, bob, hgm

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Shaun
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: Brighton - UK
Contact:

Re: Proposal for Rybka team playing in Leiden

Post by Shaun » Fri May 18, 2007 9:51 pm

I don't see the round three update at:

http://www.csvn.nl/index.php?option=com ... e&Itemid=1

is this the most current site?

Thanks Shaun

EDIT: Sorry spotted it you have to click the Read more.... :oops:

P.S. Looks like a good tournament for Hiarcs and Zap. Looking forward to H11.2!!!

nuff

Re: Proposal for Rybka team playing in Leiden

Post by nuff » Fri May 18, 2007 10:31 pm

eriq wrote:How about just using a strong dual core mashine! this would even the odds for the other engines and make a good contest. I have played several matches with Rybka and other engines and have only found it's endgames to be weak. If this weakness is taken away, then this is very bad for other engines :cry:


BTW Even with just dual core I would still bet on Rybka!
If you have access to the rybka forum you can follow the developments. They are using a strong server in a remote connection but the connection has let them down.

Uri Blass
Posts: 8796
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:37 pm
Location: Tel-Aviv Israel

Re: Proposal for Rybka team playing in Leiden

Post by Uri Blass » Fri May 18, 2007 11:29 pm

eriq wrote:How about just using a strong dual core mashine! this would even the odds for the other engines and make a good contest. I have played several matches with Rybka and other engines and have only found it's endgames to be weak. If this weakness is taken away, then this is very bad for other engines :cry:


BTW Even with just dual core I would still bet on Rybka!
I wonder if you caused some internet problem to the rybka team to force them to accept your proposal :)

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... 9#pid10039

Harvey Williamson

Re: Proposal for Rybka team playing in Leiden

Post by Harvey Williamson » Fri May 18, 2007 11:37 pm

Uri Blass wrote:
eriq wrote:How about just using a strong dual core mashine! this would even the odds for the other engines and make a good contest. I have played several matches with Rybka and other engines and have only found it's endgames to be weak. If this weakness is taken away, then this is very bad for other engines :cry:


BTW Even with just dual core I would still bet on Rybka!
I wonder if you caused some internet problem to the rybka team to force them to accept your proposal :)

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... 9#pid10039

A nice idea. This morning he internet connection was slow for all of us playing by remote. It did improve during the day.

Steve B

Re: Proposal for Rybka team playing in Leiden

Post by Steve B » Fri May 18, 2007 11:50 pm

Good First Day Harvey
Congrats!

seems that Hiarcs benefited greatly sparring against the CC3 in preparation for Leiden:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/cpaa2@sbcgl ... 56813638/5

Go For The Gold Regards
Steve

Harvey Williamson

Re: Proposal for Rybka team playing in Leiden

Post by Harvey Williamson » Sat May 19, 2007 12:04 am

Steve B wrote:Good First Day Harvey
Congrats!

seems that Hiarcs benefited greatly sparring against the CC3 in preparation for Leiden:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/cpaa2@sbcgl ... 56813638/5

Go For The Gold Regards
Steve
And you know what? - We did not miss any mate in 1's today :shock:

Harvey Williamson

Re: Proposal for Rybka team playing in Leiden

Post by Harvey Williamson » Sat May 19, 2007 12:07 am

Spock wrote:
Zap has a bit of a hardware advantage, all in all it is going to be fascinating
Team Rybka are threatening to use a 16 core machine tomorrow :shock:

User avatar
Peter Skinner
Posts: 1760
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:49 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Full name: Peter Skinner
Contact:

Re: Proposal for Rybka team playing in Leiden

Post by Peter Skinner » Sat May 19, 2007 4:01 am

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Spock wrote:
Zap has a bit of a hardware advantage, all in all it is going to be fascinating
Team Rybka are threatening to use a 16 core machine tomorrow :shock:
Only a 16 core machine?

Obviously they are not taking this tournament seriously or they would be trying to get something with a little umpfff :)
I got kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bible's to the fiction section.

Post Reply