Question about Novag Diamond

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Amstaff

Question about Novag Diamond

Post by Amstaff »

Hello, I have the original Novag Diamond, and am trying to use the "user input" opening book. Whenever I put in one line and save it, it works fine, but when I put in multiple lines, it only seems to remember the last line I put in. Am I doing something wrong? The instructions seem straight forward enough.

Also, I know it says a USCF rating of 2385 for Rapid chess, but the machine seems to play quite well at longer time controls, i.e., 40/2. Any thoughts as to an approximate USCF rating for these longer time controls?

Many thanks,
Gerald
Steve B

Re: Question about Novag Diamond

Post by Steve B »

HI Gerald
while i dont have the Diamond i do have the Sapphire which is the same exact computer only in the portable handheld version rather then the desktop Diamond version

i never really tried the user programmable book function so i cant help you there but i can mention the rating

Selective Search rates the Diamond/Sapphire at 2183 ELO (based on over 1500 games played) ..so to convert to USCF I would add another 100 pts bringing you to 2283 at 40/2
lets say an even 2300 USCF

Best Steve