what is illegal??

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Re: what is illegal??

Post by Graham Banks »

Philippe wrote:If someone cand find a chess program for free, he will download it, no matter it is legal or not. Unlike he is used to wasting his money.
Not necessarily. Some people have morals. :)
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Philippe wrote:If someone cand find a chess program for free, he will download it, no matter it is legal or not. Unlike he is used to wasting his money.
Do you think so?
Bill Rogers

Post by Bill Rogers »

Greg
I think he was referring to pirated copies of chess programs. There are some sites that do just that. Either they give away pirated of chess programs or they give away the codes to crack the protection built into those programs. In either case that is illegal and those who do it should be held liable according to the law.
Bill
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Bill Rogers wrote:Greg
I think he was referring to pirated copies of chess programs. There are some sites that do just that. Either they give away pirated of chess programs or they give away the codes to crack the protection built into those programs. In either case that is illegal and those who do it should be held liable according to the law.
Bill
He may have been thinking that, but it was not stated in the question. You are merely assuming he must have meant the question to refer to illegal activity, and then answering that, yes, it is illegal. The questions are silly because they are poorly worded and open to interpretation.

Is it illegal to give away free samples at the store, and for the receiver to take them?

No, you say? What if I say I meant samples of prescription drugs at a pharmacy? Now you say it is illegal? Why would you assume they were given to people without the proper prescription? To ask sensible legal question you have to be more precise!
chesstango

Post by chesstango »

u should read some books of logic written by platon, aristoteles, thales, and some other greats.....