Rybka v Ehlvest rematch

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Re: Rybka v Ehlvest rematch

Post by Graham Banks »

Steve B wrote: now lets see how the other poll is doing about the bizarre match terms

Shall We Regards?
Steve
I think it's safe to say that the majority would prefer to see standard chess. :wink:
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Graham Banks wrote:
Steve B wrote: now lets see how the other poll is doing about the bizarre match terms

Shall We Regards?
Steve
I think it's safe to say that the majority would prefer to see standard chess. :wink:
Indeed! Just Say NO to Sideshows!
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Terry McCracken wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

Shall We Regards?
Steve
There is still a great deal of interest in the match as the third poll shows, regardless of the match conditions. :P
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Graham Banks wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

Shall We Regards?
Steve
There is still a great deal of interest in the match as the third poll shows, regardless of the match conditions. :P
Well i dont know if we can characterize 18 out of 31 members saying there are looking forward to the match..as a "great deal of interest"

especially in a chess computer forum where on principal almost everyone should be interested in it
if the match were really eagerly anticipated by the members here i would have expected to see something like 80-90% of those voting

two votes the other way and you have basically half those voting not even looking forward to it

i would call this more of a mild almost passing interest

En Passant Regards
Steve
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Steve B wrote: There is still a great deal of interest in the match as the third poll shows, regardless of the match conditions. :P
Well i dont know if we can characterize 18 out of 31 members saying there are looking forward to the match..as a "great deal of interest"

especially in a chess computer forum where on principal almost everyone should be interested in it
if the match were really eagerly anticipated by the members here i would have expected to see something like 80-90% of those voting

two votes the other way and you have basically half those voting not even looking forward to it

En Passant Regards
Steve[/quote]

The vote percentage expressing interest in the match is currently a little higher than those saying they'd prefer normal match conditions, so I guess using your principle, we can't read too much into that either?

Riposte regards, Graham. :wink:
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Graham Banks wrote:
Steve B wrote: There is still a great deal of interest in the match as the third poll shows, regardless of the match conditions. :P

En Passant Regards
Steve
The vote percentage expressing interest in the match is currently a little higher than those saying they'd prefer normal match conditions, so I guess using your principle, we can't read too much into that either?

Riposte regards, Graham. :wink:[/quote]

OK OK
lets call it a "Healthy Interest"
:o Regards
Steve
Sune Larsson

Post by Sune Larsson »

/snip

however if you want to start a poll at least ask the right question
such as..

who would you rather see play?
Ehlvest
Nakamura
Benjamin

and another poll

would you prefer the match be played on these terms or normal match terms

the questions will dictate the response Regards
Steve[/quote]

The questions will dictate the response

six grandmasters accepted the challenge

Nakamura, Ehlvest, Benjamin, Berg, Kogan, Kudrin

in your example of a "right" question - three of these

players were sadly left out...

/S
Terry McCracken

Graham Banks wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

Shall We Regards?
Steve

Sad Really...

Kill Sideshow Bob Regards,
Bart Simpson
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Terry McCracken wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

Shall We Regards?
Steve
Sad Really...

Bart Simpson
one thing is CRYSTAL clear though..Terry
only 4 members out of 47 think Ehlvest deserves a second shot at Rybka

i guess Kaufman must have 4 memberships here regards
Steve
Terry McCracken

Steve B wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

Shall We Regards?
Steve
Sad Really...

Bart Simpson
one thing is CRYSTAL clear though..Terry
only 4 members out of 47 think Ehlvest deserves a second shot at Rybka

i guess Kaufman must have 4 memberships here regards
Steve
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: