ICGA WC in Amsterdam

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Leto

Re: ZAPPA is playing in Amsterdam ...

Post by Leto »

At the Shredder website instead of saying 'add 6 hours for New York time' he should say subtract.
pijl

Re: ICGA WC in Amsterdam

Post by pijl »

Harvey Williamson wrote: Did anyone object to Gridchess?
No. It was made clear in the players meeting that Gridchess had the necessary permissions from the original authors.
I had some private conversation with Fabien also where he confirmed that.
So grounds for a formal objection were not there.
Richard.
Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

pijl wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote: Did anyone object to Gridchess?
No. It was made clear in the players meeting that Gridchess had the necessary permissions from the original authors.
I had some private conversation with Fabien also where he confirmed that.
So grounds for a formal objection were not there.
Richard.
Thanks Richard,

I also here that the tournament is now a Round Robin and Shredder and Rybka will meet in the last round!?

I am still not sure about the GridChess thing as if Bob goes to China it wont be allowed to compete next year.

hey ho

Harvey
pijl

Post by pijl »

Harvey Williamson wrote: I also here that the tournament is now a Round Robin and Shredder and Rybka will meet in the last round!?
Yes. In fact, the pairing of the last round was fixed by Jaap already. We only drew lots on the color we would play that round. That was done to get interesting pairings the last round. Baron plays Isichess. Interesting trivia is that all that were offered to draw the color (by selecting the pawn in one of Jaap's hands) were all drawing the black pawn.
Harvey Williamson wrote: I am still not sure about the GridChess thing as if Bob goes to China it wont be allowed to compete next year.
Well, as I said before: I don't like it either. But there is no ground for a formal complaint here. And if Gridchess wins it will probably not be able to defend its title. IMO by giving permission and being in the team of a world champion that should mean that gridchess should play then, not crafty.
But well, it is not up to me to decide that so we'll see what happens when it happens.
Richard.
Enrico

Round 1 Results w/ Narrative...

Post by Enrico »

Hello.

I'm sure most have seen it now, but here is an update as well as brief descriptions of the games for round #1.

http://www.grappa.univ-lille3.fr/icga/n ... .php?id=17

Regards,

-elc.
IWB wrote:Hi all

Does anyone know a site where the WC games are transmitted, pairings are shown and a ranking list is maintained or maybe just one of my three points?

Thx
Ingo